1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
11,250 Posts
<shrug> NSA, FBI, CIA business as usual. (Although her phone problems seem almost par for the course with the phone service being supplied these days.)

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
P.T. Barnum sure had us pegged.

Interesting, that all of these types of "expose'", seem to come out only when there is a book to be hawked, but then there is no money, in simply exposing the truth.

Let's all line up. :rolleyes:

·
Bitter Clinger
4,787 Posts

Interesting, that all of these types of "expose'", seem to come out only when there is a book to be hawked, but then there is no money, in simply exposing the truth.

I think you need to do a little research on Ms Attkinson. She is a very respected journalist, award winning, who also held Bush's feet to the fire on many occasions. Unfortunately, her traditional journalist, non partisan values didn't sit well with her partisan bosses when their guy was at the end of her investigations/questions. To the point where she had to quit her job. So if she needs to make a few bucks by telling her experience, so be it.

Further, if after what has been exposed with the NSA surveillance, IRS harassment, and the bugging and wiretapping of other journalists not friendly to Obama you don't think the govt wouldn't do what she describes in her book to a journalist heavily investigating the Benghazi murders then you truly have your head buried deep in the sand.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
it's wrong. but, i don't get too mad anymore. the mess is so big that none of us is going to be able to stop it. the only way anything ever gets better is when the people in power implode their system themselves.

the Nazis weren't overthrown by their own people or really the allies either. it had more to do with them tearing their own house down with the insane things they did.

just my thoughts.

i do like reading sharyl attkinson's stuff too thought. it's good to stay informed.

·
Banned
292 Posts
The sad part about it is many people reading this will believe that all we have to do is 'get rid of Obama' and all these domestic spying programs will simply vanish.

Funny, though, I cant help but wonder why she doesn't just unplug and keep her notes on a plain word processor or notebook. Better yet, why didn't she back her data up with a thumbnail drive if she expected foul play? If you don't use a computer, they can't hack it.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The sad part about it is many people reading this will believe that all we have to do is 'get rid of Obama' and all these domestic spying programs will simply vanish.

Funny, though, I cant help but wonder why she doesn't just unplug and keep her notes on a plain word processor or notebook. Better yet, why didn't she back her data up with a thumbnail drive if she expected foul play? If you don't use a computer, they can't hack it.
Like a lot of people, she believed the government would not willingly break the law, and did not have her computer tested until she became suspicious. I thought it interesting that the person who went through her computer found three classified documents that had been placed in there without her knowledge.

Want to shut someone up? Blackmail them with the prospect of going to jail.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Like a lot of people, she believed the government would not willingly break the law, and did not have her computer tested until she became suspicious. I thought it interesting that the person who went through her computer found three classified documents that had been placed in there without her knowledge.

Want to shut someone up? Blackmail them with the prospect of going to jail.
Or worse IRS making you homeless broke and in jail :hammer:

·
Bitter Clinger
4,787 Posts

·
Registered
31,752 Posts

Really?
Guess you didn't see it all over the news some time ago...way b/4 she decided to do a book.
Always a good idea to blame the messenger.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Code:

Train, your right this will be here after o is gone because things like the started long before he was here.

Foolish people belive their party will clean up Washington... wrong they will just up the corruption from the predissor

1 - 16 of 16 Posts