Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, EMP things go down. Everything breaks out, both bad and good.

Government comes in after a few days, strong arms, etc.

How do you know if it's really the government, or a foreign group masquerading as government?

(Yes, idea from a book I'm reading).

·
Lovin' my Fam
4,459 Posts
what book is what I want to know!
I want to read it-

to answer the question- I am evading- I am hoping that since we are in basically the middle of a valley- we won't have to deal with it

Reactions: terri9630

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Lovin' my Fam
4,459 Posts
thank you Angie!!

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Darren, that's not the question. Go back and read it again. I hope I was clear.

Someone comes, but are they ours or a foreign government's disguised as our government? How would you know?

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just finished that book 2.

And apparently there will be a book 3.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Yes, how would you know for sure??

I just downloaded those 2 books to my Kindle. Thanks Angie! I am so far behind now on my books! :D

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In the second book they talk of a way. It's pretty good. And the story leading up to it is good.

·
Still an :censored:
15,870 Posts
Maybe I was a bit obtuse. Anyone coming is more than likely up to no good. They're out looking for what they can grab. The very fact they show up is the give away. Unless some form of public communication exists to prove otherwise, anyone would be wise to meet strangers with guns drawn. Subdue them, separate them, interrogate them, look at them and their equipment carefully and then decide.

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
Darren hit it. Nobody, including folks pretending to be from the govt, is coming. They simply won't have the fuel or supply lines to do so.

But hypothetically speaking, all you'd have to do is listen to them. Non native speaking folks are easy to detect, even if they speak English.

Ever get a scam letter in your email from "Sgt XOXO, stationed in Iraq, who has found 6.5 million dollars in a box and needs your help to get it home" ? Read it carefully.....you find several examples of a non-native English speaking person trying to speak ( or write in this case ) in the manner any common person in the US would speak. The syntax will be wrong, they will use words no one would typically use. The spelling will usually be off, they will use odd phrases. In other words, they simply don't speak 'American'.

Here is an example ( although this one tells you flat out he is a Nigerian )

Good Day,
I hope this mail gets to you in good faith.Let me start by introducing myself to you, (they usually feel the need to throw that in) I am Rev. Pastor John Molnar and a banker by profession with banking experience of 24 years. (which makes no sense....either you're a preacher or a banker...which is it ?)Presently, I am working with the CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA (CBN) at the transfer department and am in charge of Foreign Transfer Department.I want to use this opportunity to let you know that I came across your file that was painted Red (they will capitalize things that clearly don't need it) and marked X and your transfer has been puton pending and hold for so long. I took time to carry out my investigation and only to find out that you have paid VIRTUALLY all fees but the fund was not released to you.
I'm writing to confirm if you are DEAD or Alive because I am looking for all means to get this fund across to you or your family.I needed to do this because you need to know the statues (he meant 'status') of your Funds and cause for the delay, please this is like a Mafia setting in Nigeria, and you may not understand it because you are not a Nigerian.I am only doing this because I have the fear of GOD in me and I hate to see people been cheated. The only thing needed to release this fund is the COST OF TRANSFER(C.O.T).
Note that the actual funds are valued at $3.5 MILLION USD (always a dead give away to a scam...USD.....well, heck, if you're contacting an American that has never dealt in anything BUT "USD", why bother to add that ? )and the president made a compensation fund release for all unpaid beneficiary valued at $1million.
I shall be looking forward to hear from you if you are still very much alive.
Do get in touch with me immediately with my direct number +2348024080206 and email: [email protected] to conclude this final transaction immediately,and also send to me your convenient-tel/fax numbers for easy communications.
I remain your brother in the Lord Almighty.
Best Regards
Rev. Pastor John Molnar.

(My response to this one was: "yes...your fears are confirmed. I am dead. You can, however still contact me at 1-800-CAL-HEVN. )

·
Super Moderator
9,427 Posts
you know local dialect , people often forget that the USA has more dialects than many other countries becuase we all speak one language mostly, most of your help should be local guardsmen guys and galls from bases not that far away

I would start with laying low but not out of sight , be as much like everyone else as you can . look like them

have a reason to be where ever you are , and remember it so that you can use it if asked , "mam why are you here , (half way across town from your house), I was going to check on (insert real name of someone who you know from church or club , co-worker or something , but someone you know who's family might not be in the immediate area or could use a welfare check) or i was trying to get to work to see what i am supposed to do.
remember the concerns you show on the outside are for the welfare of friends and getting back to work as soon as possible , "what will we do with the business? "

strike up conversations you can with people , little people low on the totem pole can be invaluable , make yourself human to them and not a nameless target. Don't get technical with what you do , I would say I am a phone guy if asked about my career . don't be guarded about what you say but have generic things to say that are in line with what other "normal people" might have to say. this hole time what your really doing is listening , getting info about them and not over sharing about you , chances are they have things going on also and would rather not be there , some times they would like to share.
your finding out where they are from , interests maybe music or such.
keeping someone talking you can pick out tidbits of where they are from ,and if they fit where they say they are from.

it would be near impossible to be a foreign anything and fit in in the deep south or rural America north or south

·
Premium Member
23,896 Posts
Maybe I was a bit obtuse. Anyone coming is more than likely up to no good. They're out looking for what they can grab. The very fact they show up is the give away. Unless some form of public communication exists to prove otherwise, anyone would be wise to meet strangers with guns drawn. Subdue them, separate them, interrogate them, look at them and their equipment carefully and then decide.
Not to mention when the gov. did show up they would take your weapons.Faggeddaaboutit.

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
So what country they are from is rather moot when you are overwhelmed by a band of thugs.........

When it gets to that point what are your chances of coming out alive against --any-- band of thugs. . . ???

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
So what country they are from is rather moot when you are overwhelmed by a band of thugs.........

When it gets to that point what are your chances of coming out alive against --any-- band of thugs. . . ???
All depends on the amount of fire power they have . :duel: I'm in the sticks even now if you leave for an hour or so you have to lock your gate, we have roaming thieves .

1 - 20 of 53 Posts