Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,979 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
As the mother of ivf triplets, I love this story!! We had 3 left over which were frozen and were the first of UW Madison's embryo adoption program. Ours ended up not being an anonymous adoption, family adopted them. One was lost in the thaw and the other 2 didn't take.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Can these kids legally vote, drive and drink alcohol?

The thing I'd be most interested to know about is their state of health at present and what their state of health will be determined to be in another few months and in a few years from now. If they survive. Right now since they are only a few weeks old - still less than a month old - it's a little too soon to speculate about how well they will develop both physically and mentally as they grow older.

To me, from observing them in the video, they presently don't look healthy or normally reactive and alert and they both appear to have serious problems with their eyes. So I have some very deep concerns about their future development and their potential weaknesses and delays in development that may become more evident as they get older.

For those babies' sakes I hope I'm wrong and that they will thrive and develop normally and healthfully. To put it brutally I hope that the adoptive parents haven't taken on a couple of defective pigs in a poke whose lives and quality of life will always be at risk of abnormalities and will always need extraordinary health care.

The truth is those babies are a couple of experimental guinea pigs right now and time will tell if they can continue to survive but I don't think any favours were done for them as human beings after being kept 30 years in a frozen state. Personally I think it's an inhumane atrocity that has been done to them as an experiment in the name of science.

I feel very sad about them and those babies are in my prayers.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
...I don't think any favours were done for them as human beings after being kept 30 years in a frozen state. Personally I think it's an inhumane atrocity that has been done to them as an experiment in the name of science.
Interesting thought process... giving these babies a chance to be born and live is an "inhumane atrocity" but abortion is o.k.???

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
i definetly agree with the guinea pigs comment. the post is/was very disturbing to me, and i thought it best i not comment, glad to see what i would have said, was said

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Interesting thought process... giving these babies a chance to be born and live is an "inhumane atrocity" but abortion is o.k.???

I don't know. Is it ok? You tell me because I'm not understanding your lack of reading comprehension skills. I never said anything about abortion and neither abortion nor deep freezing is anything I'd have ever chosen to do to any of my fetuses. I've never said anywhere on this forum that I think that fetuses deserve to be aborted or frozen and I'd challenge you to find any posts of mine that even imply it.

They’re evil. She can see it in their eyes, and only an idiot would question her ability to do so.
I forgot about her supernatural abilities... I guess I should just acquiesce ;)
A word to the wise to you homesteadforty if you want to gain and maintain any credibility for yourself as a person who is capable of thinking and speaking for their own self. Stop being a brown nosing sucking up sycophant to the evil minded monkey boy who is protected by TPTB of this forum for god knows what reason and who has been allowed to drive off so many other long term and previously respected members with his spiteful monkey boy viciousness. Don't look to the monkey boy for approval. Monkey boy is laughing at you and doesn't give a damn about you whether you suck up to him or not. Your sycophancy just makes you look like another resentful and contrary minded bullying birth defect who can't think for himself because of getting dropped on his head by his mother when he was an infant, just like him.

And that same advice goes to all of the monkey boy's other fawning sycophants too. Get a grip and speak for your own selves if you value the right of free hate speech the way you indicate you do.

You all know who you are and so does everyone else, which is one of the reasons General Chat has a low participation rate and a reputation with many folks as being the cess pit of the forum. What a bunch of social inepts. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
I don't know. Is it ok? You tell me because I'm not understanding your lack of reading comprehension skills. I never said anything about abortion and neither abortion nor deep freezing is anything I'd have ever chosen to do to any of my fetuses. I've never said anywhere on this forum that I think that fetuses deserve to be aborted or frozen and I'd challenge you to find any posts of mine that even imply it.

A word to the wise to you homesteadforty if you want to gain and maintain any credibility for yourself as a person who is capable of thinking and speaking for their own self. Stop being a brown nosing sucking up sycophant to the evil minded monkey boy who is protected by TPTB of this forum for god knows what reason and who has been allowed to drive off so many other long term and previously respected members with his spiteful monkey boy viciousness. Don't look to the monkey boy for approval. Monkey boy is laughing at you and doesn't give a damn about you whether you suck up to him or not. Your sycophancy just makes you look like another resentful and contrary minded bullying birth defect who can't think for himself because of getting dropped on his head by his mother when he was an infant, just like him.

And that same advice goes to all of the monkey boy's other fawning sycophants too. Get a grip and speak for your own selves if you value the right of free hate speech the way you indicate you do.

You all know who you are and so does everyone else, which is one of the reasons General Chat has a low participation rate and a reputation with many folks as being the cess pit of the forum. What a bunch of social inepts. :rolleyes:

The jealousy is overwhelming!
"Social inepts", yet here you are! Lol...

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
. Dumb question, really.
It's called The Socratic Method-- asking a pointed question to get the responder to think the answer through.

..and, BTW- if life begins at conception, then so does the time-clock of aging...The Constitution says one can vote afer age 21 years from time of birth, so apparently that's when life and the tme clock legally begins

·
Marked safe from the TP famine of 2020.
21,716 Posts
Cattle and other animal embryos have been long term frozen for decades and have been fine. It is a totally normal bit of technology in today's world. They are alive just like any other embryos. They are simply in suspended animation. What happens when we figure out how to place adult humans in suspended animation? Do we freeze a person at 25, leave them frozen for 50 years then thaw them out in time for their retirement party, or are they treated like 25 year olds?

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Chinese starts counting age from the time of pregnancy

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
It's called The Socratic Method-- asking a pointed question to get the responder to think the answer through.

..and, BTW- if life begins at conception, then so does the time-clock of aging...The Constitution says one can vote afer age 21 years from time of birth, so apparently that's when life and the tme clock legally begins
I get the "philosophical" angle. This is just a poor context for it.

This was the question...

Can these kids legally vote, drive and drink alcohol?
And again, legal age for these activities is determined by one's date of birth. Not date of conception. Can't remember any time I was asked for my date of conception.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I'll just list one example but there are a number more. Back in a thread titled "Think about this" (Feb. 2014) you made your pro-choice sentiments clear, and you have done so a number of times since.

A word to the wise to you homesteadforty if you want to gain and maintain any credibility for yourself as a person who is capable of thinking and speaking for their own self.
I don't want or need "words to the wise" about my opinions and I don't try to "gain and maintain credibility". I say what I have to say and do what I have to do, and people make their own judgements about it.

Stop being a brown nosing sucking up sycophant to the evil minded monkey boy who is protected by TPTB of this forum for god knows what reason and who has been allowed to drive off so many other long term and previously respected members with his spiteful monkey boy viciousness.
Funny thing this is... your selective feigned outrage. I can't ever recall your calling me a "brown nosing sucking up sycophant" when I agreed with any of your posts.

Don't look to the monkey boy for approval. Monkey boy is laughing at you and doesn't give a damn about you whether you suck up to him or not. Your sycophancy just makes you look like another resentful and contrary minded bullying birth defect who can't think for himself because of getting dropped on his head by his mother when he was an infant, just like him.
I look to absolutely no one for approval... never have and never will.

My mother never dropped me, but I was hit in the head with a baseball bat once... does that count?

You all know who you are and so does everyone else, which is one of the reasons General Chat has a low participation rate and a reputation with many folks as being the cess pit of the forum.
Wait a minute... I thought the Dark Room was the cesspit?

What a bunch of social inepts. :rolleyes:
I can't speak for others but I'm far more antisocial than socially inept.

I don't know what your problem is but here are some suggestions that may apply:

1st, try loser fitting panties.
2nd, Midol or post-menopausal hormones whichever applies.
3rd, start taking your meds... or stop taking drugs.
4th, if you've suffered a recent head injury... seek medical attention.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts