Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AppleJackCreek
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clarence is for sale! I realize most of you are in the States, but there are a few in the area who frequent the boards so I figured I'd post here first. :)

Clarence is a ram lamb from a set of twins with beautiful white fleece. He has a strong desire to "do the job he was born to do" (i.e. he's chasing everything with a tail and he's only 3 months old!). He has small horns (the triangular, flatter kind, rather than the big heavy round ones), like his mama's. They probably won't turn into the big curls, but will be more like goat horns, if he ends up looking like his dam. His father was my smallish Southdown, so Clarence will probably be on the smaller side - ideal for a ram you can easily handle. Both his parents have excellent temperaments and are quite tolerant of humans.

Clarence picked up the silky smoothness of the Icelandic fleece, but without the harsher tog fibres. As he was just born at Easter, I haven't been able to spin his fleece but on the hoof it feels delightful!

You can see pictures here:

I'm asking $125 for him, will also consider trade for a wool breed ewe, hay, or fibre processing gear. :)

·
Pure mischief
897 Posts
Groans... good thing I don't have a wheel yet or this would be a whole lot harder. All of my $$$ went to my ewes (a black mouflon and a grey moorit mouflon and they're just gorgeous!!!) and the VAI course. I am totally strapped but he is beautiful which makes it harder to say no.

So, how does the fleece feel?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like the fleece on that ram lamb. I have Southdown ewes and a black Icelandic ram and I am going to try this . I am also going to breed a southdown ewe with a black Finn ram.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts