Iam Really Upset!!!!! I Got Jippt Today!!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by myrandaandkids, May 23, 2006.

1. myrandaandkids

myrandaandkids Well-Known Member

I AM SOOOO MAD!!!! :flame: I MADE AN AGREEMENT WITH THE OWNER OF A GOAT AN HORSE FARM THAT WAS ABOUT AN HOUR AND 15 MINUTES AWAY, TO BUY A LARGE BOER CROSS BUCK FROM HER THAT WAS ABOUT 2 YEARS OLD AND READY TO BREED FOR $50, WE DIDNT HAVE A LOT OF MONEY AND SO A MUTUAL FRIEND HOOKED US UP BECAUSE WE HAVE TWO DOES READY TO BREED, SHE WAS GLAD TO AGREE TO THE DEAL BECAUSE SHE COULDNT KEEP UP WITH HIM AND HE HAD BROKEN OUT AND BRED TWO OF HER DOELINGS THAT SHE WAS NOT PREPARED TO HAVE BRED YET, SHE WAS SUPPOSE TO BRING IT UP AND DROP IT AT OUR FRIENDS HOUSE ON HER WAY TO WORK AS IT IS HALF WAY BETWEEN US, TWO WEEKS WENT BY WITH US CALLING AND HER PUTTING US OFF EVERY DAY TILL FINALLY WE ASKED IF WE COULD JUST MAKE THE FULL TRIP AND PICK HIM UP, SHE BECAME FLUSTERED BUT FINALLY AGREED, AND WHEN WE WENT TODAY SHE HANDED US A 2 MONTH OLD BUCKLING, I TOLD HER I ALREADY HAD A BUCKLING BUT THANKS ANYWAY COULD I SEE MY BUCK, SHE THEN INFORMED ME THAT 3 DAYS AFTER WE MADE THE DEAL THE FIRST DOE THAT HAD BRED HAD HER LITTLER AND THEN SHOWED ME A GEOURGIOUSE DAY OLD FROM THE SECOND DOE, SHE SAID HE PRODUCED MUCH TOO BEAUTIFUL KIDS AND THAT IF I WANTED HIM NOW IT WOULD BE $300!!!! I OF COURSE COULDNT AFFORD THAT AND AM SO UPSET AS I PASSED UP A $75 BUCK FROM SOMEONE ELSE BECAUSE I WANTED THIS ONE AND NOW THE OTHER ONE IS SOLD, SHE SAID THIS BOER WAS MINE AND NOT TO WORRY IF IT TOOK A FEW WEEKS FOR HER TO GET HIM HERE!! I CANT STAND PEOPLE WHO DO BUISNESS AND ARE NOT GOOD TO THEIR WORD....what are your thoughts on this?

2. KSALguy

KSALguy Lost in the Wiregrass Supporter

do they still tar and feather people??? hmmm tobad if they dont,

i agree totally, if you say your going to do something DO IT, i have very little tolerance for people that are not worth their word

its small consolation but Bucklings can breed at an early age but 2 Months is a bit young
    she should give you the buckling for free if you ask me,

3. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

I am very upset today myself with someone who has done me a great "goat injustice". I will not go into specifics, but when I got off the phone, I was just shaking! I maintained myself well while speaking to this person but as soon as I hung up, I could have just screamed! I was greatly wronged reguarding some paperwork. It has costs me a great deal in the way of my breeding program and future plans and profits. I was flat out lied too and misled. Ethics are extremely important when raising livestock and or in any business and even if people don't spread the word, and I try very hard not to be a gossip, these people do get found out. And there is always karma to bite them in the behind!

4. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

I totally agree, if they say they are going to do something then they BETTER DARN WELL DO IT! I am relly sorry to hear about your trouble. If it makes you feel ANY better, it all happens for a reson. Maybe he is going to become sterile, or get sick :shrug: Who knows. I do agree she should GIVE you the Buckling, If you wanted it, I mean she could of been honest and told you before you went all the way down to get him.

5. Bernadette

Bernadette Enjoying Polish Rabbits

So what can you salvage from the "deal"? I think that the least she could do to compensate for your trouble would be to bring the buck in question to your place to breed your does. THEN, reconsider the little replacement buck. She may be more than happy with breeding option for you as it helps her 'save face', you get your does bred now, and then if you do accept to purchase the other little buckling, you will have a replacement buck by the time you need it. However, before you talk to her again, take a deep breath, a cup of tea, say a prayer or have a good stiff drink - whatever is your own personal preference, and good luck!

6. cjb

cjb Well-Known Member Supporter

I agree. You should ask her for a free breeding then consider buying the buckling. Is he out of the buck that you want so badly? You may end up with a better deal in the long wrong.

When life gives you lemons... ;-)

7. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

Gee, I think I go out of my way to make it good for the people who buy goats from me. I am holding a doe with her two kids for someone who is buying a farm. She was so happy with the deal, she mailed me the money, sight unseen. I'm loosing money but I would never consider backing out of something like that, even if the doelings are looking nicer by the day.

Glad you got it off your chest though. I think everyone's idea of borrowing this buck for breeding may be a good idea, especially since he does so much damage breaking out all the time. Good luck to you.

8. Wingdo

Wingdo Well-Known Member Supporter

I wish you were a bit closer... I'd give you one of my breeding age bucks, just for some future "consideration" down the road... a turkey, a pair of geese, a birdhouse, etc.

This is the way we used to do business back a few years ago, but since so many folks are out to make a quick buck these days, the practice is all but gone.

He's a nice looking 18 month old paint 3/4 boer buck, if you can figure out how to get him.

Wing

9. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

Dee, This year, I made so many goat deals with people trying to get myself established as a reputable goat breeder that I sold many goats at less than what they were worth. In the long run, this has hurt me. i live in a remote area, and it is difficult to get buyers to come out this far, site-unseen. This is where a website would be of great benefit. next season, I intend to sell my really nice goats at what they are worth. I can no longer afford to practically give them away "to make people happy". I have established a customer base now and feel I can finally quit selling myself short. i agree with you though, I would do anything to make a customer happy. Any business ultimately depends on word of mouth. That is as important as just about any fancy advertising campaign that a goat breeder can come up with. happy customers mean repeat business. Anyone who raises goats for more than just pets has to realize this. Anyone who causes their customers grief will not last long in this enterprise.

Myranda, A person's word is everything. I am totally with you on that one as I am sure all here agree. We all strive for good reputations, and would do anything to keep it. It is so hard to understand those who absolutely could care less about theirs.

10. susanne

susanne Nubian dairy goat breeder

diane if you want to have a website have you looked at freewebs.com ? very easy and best thing it is free. if you need help with this, let me know.

11. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

We got messed up by the person we bought our boers from, it was $4,500 for 5 breedable does, 1 breedable buck, 2 bucklings, and 2 doelings. They were all supposed to be 100% boer, we got the papers for all but one buckling and one doeling, and we found out that the other buckling and doeling were not a 100% boer, they were 94%, which I know may not be a big deal, but he had said that we could sell the one buckling for $600, which we were gonna do, and almost did, now we found out that we will be lucky to get $100 for him. The other buckling died, the one without papers, and the doeling still doesn't have hers, and she is now grown up and had a baby girl, although the baby was stillborn. It is because of bad people that you should always get EVERYTHING in writing. That way if they want to scew you you can take it to court, or at least threaten to. See ya. Bye.

12. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

Thanks for the offer of help. i will certainly keep that in mind. :)