Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't friggin believe it. Between Portland and my exit, 4 cars with no tail lights. Two RVs with no running or tail lights. Two cars with no headlights or tail lights. All running along, oh de doh, in the dark.

· Registered
17,193 Posts
I see vehicles going by, in the rain, sometimes past dusk, with no headlights.
When the manufacturers set modern vehicle headlights to stay on at all times, unless manually shut off by the driver, what reason would anyone have to drive without them on? Just asking.

· Premium Member
34,870 Posts
We were behind a semi with no lights, after sunset today.
A couple weeks ago I almost got t-boned by a black car with no headlights way after it got dark.

Some people are just too stupid to check to make sure their lights are on. It seems like I'm seeing it more, and later at night. I never saw this many people driving without their headlights on when I was working and came home after dark.

· Registered
4,854 Posts
A few months ago I went fishing with a friend until a bit after dark. Then we played cribbage for a few hours. Fired up the Bronco and headed for my off grid property. Just after I cleared the town a fuse blew and I lost running/parking lights, dome light, dash lights, and the dinger that says "hey stupid the headlights are on and the door is open". This had happened a few years before so I knew it was a fuse. I only had 8 miles to go on a rural road and I couldn't have figured out which fuse it was in the dark anyway so I kept on trucking. Went by an oncoming vehicle which promptly did a U turn and came roaring up behind me. Then the blue and red lights came on. I explained to the deputy sheriff and he let me go without a ticket. He even gave me a coupon for free electrical car and truck light repair. I figure it relieved the boredom when he got to put the pedal to the metal and turn on the lights. Next morning I taped up the trailer wireing where the insulation had rubbed off and shorted out. Replaced the fuse and all good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts