There will be no living with me anymore :sing:
I got a $100 Gift Certificate, a wall plaque and a fat head because

I won :dance:

Lehman's "2007 BEST LOOKING STOVE INSTALLATION"

veme

·
Homestead Dreamer
878 Posts
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats! I'd LOVE to have a kitchen that looked like that

·
Registered
684 Posts
I got a Waterford Stanley from Lehman's----the price in those itsy-bitsy catalogs is $200 less than in the big one. They tried to pass it off as a typo but did eventually honor the lower price.

But no-one said anything to me about a Best Installation contest......

Though everyone who comes into my kitchen says Wow!

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
I do like the Windows as far as keeping it from getting too Hot in the room.Just I know Curtains wouldn't work.

I know when I was growing up the Cookstove was in the middle of the room and we could take a bath in behind it in the Winter time.

Looks nice! :goodjob:

big rockpile

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Curtains are only up in the Summer :) and dog is a real sport :)

The dog is actually a "movie star" of sorts.
He made some videos and was the stud dog for the monks of New Skete
http://animal.discovery.com/convergence/divine-canine/divine-canine.html

No kidding

Mamalisa - I saw the same price & was wondering about that. I think they run a contest once a year, but I'm not sure.

What I have loved about my stove is the close clearance, the height of the cooking surface & the even oven temps.

What I don't like is that my cookie sheets are too short & I haven't been able to remove one of the firebox liners.
I will need to do this if/when I change to coal.

veme

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Congratulations on your win! And yes, your kitchen is lovely and I truly love that wood stove. I have never lived in a house that had one, and I don't know how to cook on one, but I would love to learn, except that for the most part, it would be awfully hot cooking on one in the middle of Texas. I need TWO kitchens. One for summer and one for winter :D

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Do you have more pics of the Kitchen/ I love it but am left with wanting to see more..like the cabinets etc...that is our very next project and I am so confused as to what i want... :)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Of course you won, your kitchen is absolutely beautiful. And how on earth did you get a pup from the Monks of New Skete? That is awesome!

I want your life!

MORE PICS PLEASE!!!!!!!!

·
Icelandic Sheep
3,348 Posts
I second the call for more pictures of your kitchen. Please! I'm decorating the kitchen in my 1825 Colonial in that style (except I'm going with oxblood red trim) and I'd love to see the whole thing :)

RedTartan

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you for the compliments :)
These pics are from the Winter.

When I did my kitchen many years ago it had to be a really low budget affair. The walls are cheap wood paneling with drywall mud. The floor is salvage cherry from a fire. The shelves are $15 from auction and the counter was $20 from Lowe's. The cabinets are just "do it yourself" .

rockinl -
Prayers meet in Heaven :)
Riko was an adult dog when he came to me.

His story is this:

My husband was very ill & we thought he would die within 6 months.
I was facing widowhood & a very large farm.
I needed a watch dog, but more important, a companion to get me through whatever it was that I was going to have to face.
I prayed and called New Skete because I knew the reputation of their dogs
http://www.thewitness.org/archive/sept2002/inseeingdogs.html
and because they are Eastern Orthodox (like me).
Turns out their stud dog Riko had been sick and needed to be neutered.
The community of New Skete didn't know what they wanted to do with him.
He was pretty valuable.
Riko had made some videos & was the dog they took on book signing trips (Riko loves people).

The community prayed about it and felt that the dog needed to go with me.
I went to New York to pick him up.
It was very sad to see Brother Chris say good bye to Riko and it was sad for Riko too.
Brother Chris told me " All of life is about letting go" and gave me his dog.
They are remarkable people.

My husband got better.

Now Riko lives on a farm & thinks he's a Border Collie (he's no Collie - believe me :baby04:
Everybody is living happily ever after........except for the dog hair :hobbyhors

veme

·
Registered
196 Posts
Congratulations!!

Your kitchen may be low budget but it looks high end!

I told my dh that the next home we build will be planned around a cookstove in my kitchen. It's been my dream for ages now!

Beautiful dog! Beautiful story!

Debi

1 - 20 of 21 Posts