·
Duchess of Cynicism
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cross my fingers
start counting babies
plan on lots of nestbox use

BUT

I *think* I have babies coming very soon.....

at least I have a bunch of very uncomfortable looking ladies--all thick in the middle, and laying stretched out, despite the cooler weather...

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
Well, I won't jinx you by crossing my fingers and toes, then... but wishing you and your "uncomfortable looking ladies" all the best. :)

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
cross my fingers
start counting babies
QUOTE]

I had to learn (Never to count your pigeons till they came home)..
I also raise "white homing pigeons"..
In the rabbit world,, I never count my rabbits till "fryer size". :D
Gary H.

·
Registered
183 Posts
keljonma here

I got a voice mail from Terry the other day that her Typhoid Mary is a grandma! She didn't say how many kits.... and I've been busy and haven't had a chance to call her back yet.

·
Registered
537 Posts
cross my fingers
start counting babies

BUT

I *think* I have babies coming very soon.....

at least I have a bunch of very uncomfortable looking ladies--all thick in the middle, and laying stretched out, despite the cooler weather...
I know exactly how you feel! My attempts at breeding rabbits has so far been a dismal failure :grit:. I'll keep trying though, somebodies got to give it up eventually! :shrug:
I hope things go well for you this time. Maybe that means things will begin to turn around for all of us that have had a difficult time this year.

Jeanette
Hondo, TX

Always Learning!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I had a doe due today, and another 2 at day 35 today. The one Rex sure LOOKED preggers, but nuthin. Drat. I put her back in with the buck, left the box in just in case though, although I NEED that box if she isn't going to use it except to lounge in!

The SF doe who was due today is an amusing story. See, I like to save "pairs" of sisters. Thats down from "trios" of sisters, but you get the picture. Lots of genetic overlap there. So I've been cutting the Trios down to pairs.

I pulled the one I was sure I wanted to cull. Decided, well, lets see if she'll breed (since nothing was) I figured she wouldn't, and I could cull her. Nope. Bred right away.

Fast forward to today, day 33. No signs of kits this am or afternoon. No signs of doe using the box for anything. I said, oh, good, I can cull it now because it missed. Nope. 7 kits out there this evening!

So, I guess the trick is to NOT really want the doe to breed or kindle, right? ;p

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sounds like you figured out the magic spell to the baby situation Beaniemom. If you act like you don't want them to breed and kindle then they are bound by a secret oath to show you just who is boss and you get loads of nice little popples. LOL. Congrats on the new ones.

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
Yeah, fine, Leveda... but what happens when reverse psychology stops working? Do we go to reverse reverse psychology? Where does it end? :stars:

·
Duchess of Cynicism
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats to Terry and Typhoid Mary... and the new momma bun too. :bouncy:

Where the heck is Terry, anyway?
sIGH-- MOMMA LEFT THE CAGE-- And I totally winged out-- forgot I HAD What I needed to help the the babies survive

I have been trying to keep warm-- the Toyota died, leaving me with the F-150 to drive-- NOT something very economical... Ant free time I have is spent makiing things a bit more snug for the animals.... Also recently had surgery-- am still recovering from that-- meanwhile, fell a couple times-- and my knees are now jello---have to safegaurd them so i can work at night....

sigh...

Hoppy Halidays, everyone....

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
Terry, so sorry to hear about your run of bad luck. Hang in there... it's only 10 days until Winter Solstice and then everything will turn about, the days will get longer, the buns will start co-operating and Murphy and the Sex Change Fairy will elope and freeze to death on their honeymoon in Siberia. That's my theory anyway... :D

·
Registered
537 Posts
Terry, so sorry to hear about your run of bad luck. Hang in there... it's only 10 days until Winter Solstice and then everything will turn about, the days will get longer, the buns will start co-operating and Murphy and the Sex Change Fairy will elope and freeze to death on their honeymoon in Siberia. That's my theory anyway... :D
Maggie - you can always make me Laugh! I really needed it too.

Hang in there Terry! Let's hope that Maggie is right.

Jeanette
Hondo, TX

Always Learning!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts