Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had her AI'd on August 16th and I was so bummed when she she showed signs of heat a month later.

However, she IS pregnant. Phew!!! I'm soooooooooooo relieved.

So August 16th - anyone have one of those charts that shows when the due date is?

Pray pray pray for a heifer. We are due to have a girl this time.

·
Premium Member
10,703 Posts
That is great! Of course we are all hoping you get a heifer!

How did it go w/ the abcess, by the way?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
middle of May. more or less. :)

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a calculator and it said May 23rd. She was one week late last time but she cursed me with a beautiful baby bull. ;)

The abscess was no big deal. It was starting to form a scab on its own and it was non vascular. He lanced it, squeezed it out and said that just oxygen will be enough to heal it the rest of the way so no antibiotics. Yeah!

The vet laughed because I gagged audibly at the smell of the pus. It was soooo disgusting.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Shirley - that one is a day later than the other one - May 24th.

Did I mention that I'm very happy about this? :)

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
We subtract three months and add ten days to figure due dates for our girls.
So May 26th.
Very few animals deliver on their due date. Especially when you take into consider timing of breeding, when the egg was released, and then fertilized, etc.

·
Premium Member
10,703 Posts
Maybe you should start taking bets on when she will freshen? There are a lot of good guesses so far! I will pick May 27th.:)& a heifer too.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We subtract three months and add ten days to figure due dates for our girls.
So May 26th.
Very few animals deliver on their due date. Especially when you take into consider timing of breeding, when the egg was released, and then fertilized, etc.
May 26th is my son, Anthony's, birthday. I told him that if the calf is born on his bday, she will be named "Antoinette". If its a boy, it will be named Burger or Sir Loin or some such.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts