I was told...

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by vulcan, Dec 8, 2006.

1. vulcan

vulcan Well-Known Member

I was told some people are actually living underground in the train system in New York City and they raise rabbits and chicken under artificial light, Amtrax want to take them out of there but some of them are being in there for 20 years and they receive some law protection, I think this is very weird Did you guys know anything about this. VULCAN

2. Tareesa

Tareesa Active Member

I don't know anything about that particular story, but most states have squatters rights. So it is quite possible that the story is true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adverse_possession

3. dk_40207

dk_40207 Well-Known Member

Years ago i read a book about that. It is called "Mole People". The writer went down in the abandon tunnels. It was a really good book. You should check it out they have a whole city under there. Some of the people have electricity and water very interesting.

Derek

4. dk_40207

dk_40207 Well-Known Member

DK's wife here! I second the recommendation! That was an eye opening book! Very cool!

5. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

How odd! And these folks raise small livestock down there? Sounds like an interesting lifestyle.

6. KSALguy

KSALguy Lost in the Wiregrass Supporter

most all large citys have populations of "Vagrant" people who live off the grid in some way, weather its under the Big Bridges in California, or out in the scrubland in texas, or in the swamp in florida.
    these liveing in the Tunnels have just taken advantage of what is available. its better than being above ground especially in the dead of winter i am sure.

there have been some Documentarys made on some of these communitys, on in particular i can remimber was made on the people liveing on the outskirts of the citys in the Everglades down in florida.

7. vulcan

vulcan Well-Known Member

I found a DVD about this, is call "Dark Days" I ordered from Netflix. Is a very sad story, but if I have to do it, I have pretty good Idea how to do it. I think you could raise rabbits down there, and if you are "taking" the electricity from the city, you may even plant a gardern. The problem is the "others" may steal from you or destroy your stuff. In that video one of the guys had four dogs and he was pretty much intelligent the way he did things. But most of the people down there were crack smoker. I guess when you dont know what to put in your prayer list. Thanks the Lord about having a house and a family even when is not the Ideal one.

8. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

Good point. I know I have my little pity parties now and then, but man, we do have so much to be thankful for.

9. vulcan

vulcan Well-Known Member

Remember life is what happens while you are making other plans

10. Oxankle

Oxankle Well-Known Member

Um, Guys:

I don't think you can ever claim adverse posession of public lands. They may never be evicted, but they cannot claim the land.
    Ox