Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to choose a Bible reading plan and stick with it this year. If you don't have the Bible reading habit, this is a great time to start it.

I've been using the "Back to the Bible" plans the last couple of yrs. This yr I've been using the "Blended" and have really enjoyed it. You can also just start in Genesis and read straight through. Many Bibles will have a chart in them or you can find one online. The important thing is just pick one and stick with it. http://www.backtothebible.org/index.php/component/option,com_guides/category,16/

If you miss a few days, don't let yourself get overwhelmed playing catch up. If is isn't too much just double up for a few days. If it has been longer than a few days the best thing is either pick up where you left off (if it is not a "day of the yr reading" type plan) or if you have a set reading each day just start in with the reading on the day you get back to it. You can start any day of the yr, but the new yr is a good time.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Great post, I'm ELCA lutheran and read all the time what is on our schedule every month. It doesen't matter what your agenda is. so long as you have one.
Merry Christmas to all!

brownegg

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I agree brownegg; This is a great post!

I totally need encouraged to get back reading my bible...This post sparked a lil something in me :)

For the past few months, i have been struggling with this evil thing called depression and for me it is so hard to get motivated, to function most days lately, let alone read my bible....
But when i read this post it was like something inside of me said "remember how good you would feel, filled up' when you read your bible?"

Not a lot to say here except Thank you for the encouragement cyngbaeld.

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
I'd also like to encourage folks who may be just beginning to read....don't get discouraged if your don't understand everything. Pray for understanding before you read, then read. Sometimes the words are like seeds planted in the ground; it takes awhile for them to sprout and take root. Don't worry about what you don't yet understand. Those who hunger to know God are always fed :)

·
Premium Member
5,937 Posts
Thank you so much for this cyng - having a "set piece" to read encourages me to get on and do it :)

hoggie

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does all of us, Hoggie. Makes it a little easier to make a habit of Bible reading. Kind of like knowing you need to fix supper every evening and you have a menu planned. So you don't sit and wonder "what can I fix for supper", you just look at the menu and get hamburger out of the freezer and start chopping onions for the spaghetti sauce.

·
Nothing exciting....
68 Posts
I got a 52 week plan, and I aim to try to follow it to the best of my ability. I want to understand, so badly...and there is so much more darkness than light in the world.

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good for you! Yes there is too much darkness and we need more of the Word to lighten it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts