Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to incorporate a rocket stove into my cabin design...i want to use rigid ceramic board as the primary building material

i want to use it for heat and winter cooking...maybe heat water as well...i've watched quite few YT videos...and bought a book put together by matthew walker remine...just plans though; no discussion

i won't be building for a few years...looking for advice and direction...

who has the knowledge and time? how much do you charge? are you willing to do hangouts?

·
In memoriam
79,017 Posts
Read all you can find from this guy:
http://www.rocketstoves.com/case-studies/peter-van-den-berg/

"Peter van den Berg lives on the west coast of The Netherlands. He is a retired boat repairman, spending most of his time experimenting with masonry- and Rocket Stoves, and has been very active in the online discussions about Rocket Mass Heaters, bringing practicality, experience, and science. Intrigued with the concept of Rocket Stoves, he’s been tinkering in his lab to combine the best parts of Rocket Stove tech with the scalability and science of masonry stoves. We’re grateful to Peter for his painstaking research and for making his findings public.
Peter is often found at the forum at www.donkey32.proboards.com
Choose “Experiments/results” then “Small-scale development.” "

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Read all you can find from this guy:
http://www.rocketstoves.com/case-studies/peter-van-den-berg/

"Peter van den Berg lives on the west coast of The Netherlands. He is a retired boat repairman, spending most of his time experimenting with masonry- and Rocket Stoves, and has been very active in the online discussions about Rocket Mass Heaters, bringing practicality, experience, and science. Intrigued with the concept of Rocket Stoves, he’s been tinkering in his lab to combine the best parts of Rocket Stove tech with the scalability and science of masonry stoves. We’re grateful to Peter for his painstaking research and for making his findings public.
Peter is often found at the forum at www.donkey32.proboards.com
Choose “Experiments/results” then “Small-scale development.” "
Thx big bear

·
In memoriam
79,017 Posts
The people who run Permies mostly got their information from Van der Berg.
You have to take some of their efficiency claims with a truckload of salt.

I've seen them say their designs will use 10 times less wood than a typical wood stove needs to heat a home all winter.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The people who run Permies mostly got their information from Van der Berg.
You have to take some of their efficiency claims with a truckload of salt.

I've seen them say their designs will use 10 times less wood than a typical wood stove needs to heat a home all winter.
Everyone that sells something claims they are the best...i will probably end up up...idk...i set up an account on a couple forums...we'll see...thx

·
In memoriam
79,017 Posts
Everyone that sells something claims they are the best.
Yeah, but some were just ridiculous, and they were contradicted by later statements by the same person when he was giving figures about actual use in his house.

I don't mind a little hype in a sales pitch, but his claims were just outright lies that defied the laws of physics.

There's useful information on both those sites, as long as you just think about what they are saying.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, but some were just ridiculous, and they were contradicted by later statements by the same person when he was giving figures about actual use in his house.

I don't mind a little hype in a sales pitch, but his claims were just outright lies that defied the laws of physics.

There's useful information on both those sites, as long as you just think about what they are saying.
You're right...i'm solo...i hope I can find someone local who can help me wade through the crap...lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts