I turned on my computer this morning and

Discussion in 'Survival & Emergency Preparedness' started by BlueRose, Jun 6, 2013.

1. BlueRose

BlueRose Well-Known Member

this was on my homepage. FEMA BANNED THIS VIDEO
    My thoughts was ?????? so I clicked on the website www.familysurvivalkit.org

It is an ad for a 'home study' survival course. Is this for really? Is it something to even consider? :shrug:

2. unregistered353870

unregistered353870 Guest

3. simi-steading

simi-steading Well-Known Member Supporter

Advertising at it's finest... Say something is banned, and people will want to look... I never do when I see something like that. Also a great way to pick up a virus or malware by clicking links that are listed like that...

By chance was this your facebook page? They are passing around the Zeus Trojan that steals bank info, but having you click links on facebook pages to rogue web sites... Most are ending in .tk

4. BlueRose

No it was on yahoo. I try to avoid fb since I got a virus the last time one was going around.

5. ovsfarm

ovsfarm Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm pretty sure FEMA doesn't have the authority to ban much of anything in nonemergency situations, let alone some video. I agree with the others, just an advertising gimick to get you to invite a virus in to visit or to pay a lot of money for information available here for free.

6. terri9630

terri9630 Well-Known Member Supporter

It's just advertising. I get the emails for it all the time.

7. BlueRose

Thank you. I am :ashamed: sometimes when I ask ??? because I ought to know this stuff from grandpa and grandma.