I thought this forum for for talking about things ?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Micahn, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Micahn

Micahn Well-Known Member

A number of post have went away the last week that I just do not understand. I thought this forum was for talking about things homestead related. People having trouble with their neighbors because of animals is homestead related I would say. These cases can turn into very long ordeals as they just seem to go on and on. In these cases not every one is going to agree with every thing every body says. But as long as it stays nice and no one starts going on off on others then I do not get why they keep getting taken away. We as posters that have been reading them just see they are gone and have no clue what so ever why they are gone. So how about this :) How about the MOD lock the post instead of just taking them away and put the reason it was locked. If they locked it without saying why again we would have no clue why. By posting why we would not only not start a new one on the same subject but know why it was locked. If we think every thing is ok how in the world are we to know we did something wrong if no one ever tells us ?

2. Red Devil TN

Red Devil TN Well-Known Member

I've asked about that same question and I was never answered/ignored. At least if locked they can be read and maybe someone -may- glean something useful out of the mess. :shrug:

3. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Suggestion.
    if a question such as this, maybe a PM addressed to the MOD/ADMIN that did the deleting, respectfully asking for why for educational purposes may be of some help to you.

Good luck.
    Angie

4. Micahn

Micahn Well-Known Member

How are we to know who done it ?

5. Red Devil TN

Red Devil TN Well-Known Member

As I mentioned, I've tried asking. ;)

6. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

How to know?

It has to be one of two mods/admins listed on the bottom of the forum. If you send a PM to two at once, maybe you'll get an answer.

Red - did you PM the two mod/admins of this forum? If so, I'm sorry you don't have your answer yet.

Angie

7. tallpines

tallpines Well-Known Member

I think Chuck is tracking the mean neighbor thread.

You might post in the Admin forum ---asking him to re-instate some of the valuable info that has gone missing.

It seems the troublesome posts were becoming too burdensome.........

But if you let Chuck know (and be NICE about it)----perhaps he'll become more aware that many people were finding lots of valuable info within those threads.

8. Tracy Rimmer

Tracy Rimmer CF, Classroom & Books Mod Supporter

Each forum has the mods listed at the bottom of that forum's main page. For HT, it's Chuck and Cabin Fever.

9. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

...............The way things are going , the moderators , May NOT have anyTHING too Moderate , Except each Other.....fordy... :eek: :viking:

10. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

Seems like any thread about pyrnad is going to disappear. Thats not entirely fair, people have an interest in what happens in the bad neighbor case and pyrnad has a right to talk about what she wants.

11. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Well-Known Member

you guys just dont understand.... some things have to be removed for your own good.
    trust them, they know whats best for you to read.

12. Micahn

Micahn Well-Known Member

I have been a MOD on a few forums and even am right now on one still. I was even the head MOD of a forum for the game as well as the head MOD for the game itself. I know all about how forum MOD's work and how they should do things. I have never seen so many post disappear without anyone knowing why.

13. cowgirlracer

cowgirlracer Well-Known Member

Wyoming & building a homestead in Kentucky
    Wow! I'm sure glad I'm in the good ole US of A and not WWII era Nazi Germany! Hand in hand with free speech is the freedom to read what you want. Please tell me you were joking. Please . . .

Anne
    Cowgirlracer
    :hobbyhors

14. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Well-Known Member

:p

15. titansrunfarm

titansrunfarm The Awesome PT & Friends

I sent a respectful PM and haven't gotten a reply.
    I finally got interested in something on the "non-critter" list and it gets deleted. Unessessary censorship, I think.
    Ooops....better stop, big brother is watching.... :shrug:

16. Kazahleenah

Kazahleenah Disgruntled citizen

Mican .... get used to it... HT is a HIGHLY censored board... if they don't like it, it's OUT....

I PM'ed you, please don't take offense.

Kaza

17. Oilpatch197

Oilpatch197 Well-Known Member

Did I miss somthing? :shrug:

18. JAK

JAK Well-Known Member

Chuck did the right thing.
    We gotta let it go.

p.s. I shouldn't even have posted this. Hard to resist. That's the problem.

19. blufford

blufford Well-Known Member Supporter

I would hardly describe the moderaters editing of this forum which is private property has being akin to restrictions of speech in Nazi, Germany. If the moderaters found your comment rude or insensitive, I might tend to agree.

20. Shadow

Shadow Well-Known Member

The post about bad neighbors started off interesting, then got strange, public officials checking things out court hearings and orders in ten days to two weeks, insurance taking care of things, 17 dogs, got to sounding like a soap opera. In the world I live in nothing happens that fast dealing with local goverment anything. Glad its gone should have been gone sooner,. This is the real world and lets talk about real things.