Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
wife,mom,taxi driver,cook
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dh is at a friend's today cutting wood. They called me and told me to come on over that they were taking a break and going for a trail ride (friends own a barn and do horseback lessons and trail rides). So I went and while we were out riding on the land they have care of he showed me an old cookstove and said if I wanted it I could have it. It was in an old shed and after the ride dh and I went back to look at it. The top of it was good, had all the burner covers but the bottom and the insides were rusted out. I went to try and open one of the doors and it just fell off. Oh well maybe one day! I wood so love to learn to cook on one though.

·
Registered
818 Posts
My husband bought me one for Christmas last year and wrapped up a picture of it. It was like 4 months before I could actually pet it and then had to tarp it again. I got to look under the tarp again today. :) Hopefully someday I can actually use it. It is all complete except the firebox door is missing. Anyone know where I can get one of those?

·
If I need a Shelter
21,614 Posts
I would like to have one,but my wife won't let me get one :(

big rockpile

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
It is all complete except the firebox door is missing. Anyone know where I can get one of those?
find a welder/fabricator. i bet they could throw one together for you that looks nice. maybe not a reproduction quality piece but serviceable.
hubby is a welder/fabricator this type of thing is right up his alley:D

·
Registered
818 Posts
find a welder/fabricator. i bet they could throw one together for you that looks nice. maybe not a reproduction quality piece but serviceable.
hubby is a welder/fabricator this type of thing is right up his alley:D
Thank you... We thought about that. My husband welds also and said he could make one. He was just hoping to find one but the chances are slim to find one because the fire boxes are the first to go. Its a Montag. There is a place where my son lives that use to restore them. May check with them. If not... It will have a welded door next year. Mine is the creamy yellow color. Talking about it just makes me want to go pet it again.... Joni

·
proud GRAMMA
2,261 Posts
I have a kitchen cook stove sitting on my porch,, doing nothing,,, how sad. My house was so badly insulated, the cook stove up stairs,(main floor) just couldnt heat the house enough. So we brought the big all night up and put it in the kitchen, I cook on top of it,,My oven door on cook stove has been broke twice by the same guy. I still have the door. Wish some one could put it to use, I feel bad it sits there doing nothing. It cooked alot of meals

·
Registered
171 Posts

Does anyone know of a Waterford Stanley for sale, in good shape and a reasonable driving distance from northeastern Indiana? I would be willing to drive to most of Indiana, Ohio, Michigan (LP), and possibly Illinois and Wisconsin for a promising prospect.

River

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Well, I do feel your pain! At my husband's great aunt's place, there is one that is grown into a tree! I tried and tried to figure out how to get it out without cutting down the tree, but there was no way. It had been sitting there forever, and the tree grew up and around and through the stove. Sigh. Jan in Co

1 - 14 of 14 Posts