Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pook's Hollow
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now! :help: Sadie, our Golden Retriever, got nailed by a dog from up the road - looks like a white shepherdX- sometime in November. I put her outside (she'd been in heat almost three weeks) just before bed, went in long enough to brush my teeth - and long enough for something else to happen. :flame:

Now, stupid me, I didn't write down the date (hoping against hope that "nothing" happened). Obviously, I misremembered, because I thought we had another week.

Sadie has been panting on and off all day, and is now licking herself like crazy, some mucous is coming out, so I guess tonight's the night.

Wish me luck! I've midwifed lots of goats, so I should be ok. Of course this is the night that DH goes to see his children and he won't be back until late.

·
Pook's Hollow
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First one has arrived. :D

·
construction and Garden b
7,378 Posts
good luck pooks! its really not all that hard !

·
Registered
320 Posts
my daisy had 10 pups during the summer :( we had kept her locked up in a kennel and thought we kept a good eye on her, just goes to show how sneeky they can be if they want to be :) .... but seriously 10 puppies on her first ever litter!!!! i was in total surprise how goes yours, more than one?

·
Premium Member
4,281 Posts
Enjoy the new pups!

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
woo-hoo! Sounds like a nice mix :) good luck and take some pics if you can!

·
Pook's Hollow
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We're up to four! She's doing good. I've got the neighbour's teenagers coming over soon, so I can get out to the barn and do chores.

So far, they are all a pale blond colour - they should be nice puppies.

·
Pook's Hollow
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Number five was born as I was doing chores. Thank goodness for the kindness of neighbours!

It's going to be a long evening. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts