Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find some uses for it, but some places say it is poisonous and others say the ripe fruit is okay to eat and make things out of. Some say the leaves and stem have medicinal uses and other say not to even touch them because they are highly poisonous.

Does anyone have any experience with this plant?

I tasted the ripe berry and it has a slight tomato flavor, but a little sweeter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
Plant parts and green berries are very very poisonus.
One or 2 green berries can kill a 1200 lb animal of any specie. I know from experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done a little more looking and I am thinking I should rip them all out. We have small children.

Do they have any medicinal purposes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,154 Posts
Then again I have met a child that ate a whole handful and had no problems.


Personally I would pull them up if my kids were too young to know what "Don't eat these" means...cuz what if your identification is wrong.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top