Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
14,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you seen any charismatic, thought leaders of the woke movement on TV?

Sure there are some college professors, but they seem to be followers, not thought leaders. Same with Hollywood, as seen recently by Cher being attacked and having to apologize. I doubt if more than 5% of the population is actively involved in the movement, but bots make it appear to be huge.

If you get a few writers at the NYT and WP putting out an article a day and a couple of shows on NBC and CNN pushing it, it suddenly looks like the majority of America is on board. I don't buy it. I think every incident is being magnified by the media to appear bigger than it is.

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
Scan the reader comments section below many online articles. You would think there is an army of them who do nothing but stay home and pound out agendas all day. Many of the user names are obvious; some pretend to be conservative and use stereotypical cliches and rhetoric.
We used to be a nation of influence, now we are but a country of influencers.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
If you get a few writers at the NYT and WP putting out an article a day and a couple of shows on NBC and CNN pushing it, it suddenly looks like the majority of America is on board. I don't buy it. I think every incident is being magnified by the media to appear bigger than it is.
I think that is why you get Coke and MLB doing the idiotic stuff that they do.

·
Registered
21,354 Posts
I talk to lots of people and have met no one who doesn't think all that stuff is a load of BS. The press has become our country's worst enemy. All their 'news' articles are agenda driven written to fit their narrative. Let some 'leader' of anything make a statement and if it suits their purpose they will run with it without even checking to see if it is true or not. Look at what Stacey Abrams said about the new voter law in Georgia and how fast the media ran with it. It was all lies and easily proven by anyone who read the law. But they didn't care. They were on the air with faces looking like they just bit into a lemon moaning about how people in line to vote were going to be passing out because no one would be allowed to give them food or water and how many people without an ID would not be allowed to vote. Even Biden quoted their articles. But it was all lies and, to their credit, even the WaPo gave him 4 Pinnochios for lying.

Reactions: boatswain2PA

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I agree. I've always believed that these crazy people are a very small minority of the population yet they seem to get the greatest amount of press. I suppose the media thinks they are getting better ratings.

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
If you go on Reddit.com, you'll see the many inane commenters/comments that support the "woke movement".

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Just the current Buzz Words, nothing else.

Mon

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
40,682 Posts
Helpful unsolicited advice

1. Don’t watch television.
2. Only read headlines to see if there is something that directly impacts you and/or loved ones. Do not read propaganda.
3. Prioritize your time wisely. Eschew blather.

·
Registered
32,098 Posts
Atlanta was attacked by bots?

Reactions: todd_xxxx

·
Registered
600 Posts
Rush Limbaugh figured out that there are maybe 10 or 15 people running thousands of bots on social media.

It makes it look like there are many, but there really isn't.

·
Registered
32,098 Posts
Bots are amplifiers.

Someone is still singing into the microphone.

Reactions: no really

·
Premium Member
9,113 Posts
In my community, I don’t hear of any real actual person even understanding what the woke movement is aside from totally nuts.

no one can find any sense to it to even agree or disagree with whatever it is supposed to be.

lots of people no longer like pro baseball any more, and this is a baseball town.

Paul

·
Registered
129 Posts
My husband and I have been watching a show called Homeland starring Claire Danes. Man, is she good at playing her character. One of the story lines that is just coming to a close is of a guy that hosts his own video program. He's not a likable character at all. In real life, he's an English actor, but on the show he has this terrible fake southern accent, like he's pretending to be from TX. Of course, it's a stereotype trying to make conservatives look like crazy right-wing nuts. But anyway, that's not the point of this post. lol The point is that he had this big secret facility where he employed a whole bunch of young computer geeks. Each geek had several internet personas (like our personas on this forum) so that they added up to thousands, or maybe millions of "people". I think that's what this thread is referring to by saying "bots". Their entire job was to, all day, every day, respond to various socio/political events to influence the outcome. I had never even thought about someone doing something like that before. But, it is, indeed, entirely possible and even probable.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
14,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My husband and I have been watching a show called Homeland starring Claire Danes. Man, is she good at playing her character. One of the story lines that is just coming to a close is of a guy that hosts his own video program. He's not a likable character at all. In real life, he's an English actor, but on the show he has this terrible fake southern accent, like he's pretending to be from TX. Of course, it's a stereotype trying to make conservatives look like crazy right-wing nuts. But anyway, that's not the point of this post. lol The point is that he had this big secret facility where he employed a whole bunch of young computer geeks. Each geek had several internet personas (like our personas on this forum) so that they added up to thousands, or maybe millions of "people". I think that's what this thread is referring to by saying "bots". Their entire job was to, all day, every day, respond to various socio/political events to influence the outcome. I had never even thought about someone doing something like that before. But, it is, indeed, entirely possible and even probable.
Much of it is automated with computer bots.

·
Registered
32,098 Posts
that is the confusing thing, who, where, what are those people?
Aside from paying the high-priced professors to persuade the campus community of its inherent racism, the University of Michigan doled out nearly $8.4 million for diversity staff in 2018, where 26 of these “diversicrats” raked in more than $100,000 a year in cash compensation, according to an analysis of the university’s salary database by the center-right American Enterprise Institute. When accounting for staff salaries plus benefits, the university’s 93 diversity-dedicated administrators reaped in $11 million total annually.

“Social justice has indeed turned from a cottage industry, largely limited to the bubble of academia, into a multi-million dollar enterprise,” Brown said. Indeed, according to McKinsey & Company in 2017, American corporations spent about $8 billion annually on diversity trainings, a number certain to skyrocket following the death of George Floyd. Glassdoor.com reports the average base pay for diversity and inclusion consultants meanwhile, a job title on the rise ranges from $70,657 to $107,000 a year.

And then there are the infamous white suburban women - In February, the Guardian reported on woke white women dishing out upwards of $2,500 a night to host a pair of traveling activists to tell them how they’re all racist. The service, in the name of social justice of course, is titled, “Race to Dinner” and was co-founded by Regina Jackson, who is black, and Saira Rao, who is Indian-American, created for the sole purpose of informing white women of their inherent racism.
“White women: let’s talk about racism and your complicity,” the company website reads at the top of the page. “As a white person in America, you are an active participant in upholding white supremacy.” Because nothing is racist about indicting individuals as evil white supremacists based on their skin tone alone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts