Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
23,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have so much to do today that I know I will not get it all done, so I lay in bed contemplating all of the things I have to do and did not get up! What I should have done was not contemplate so long and actually get up and do what has to be done. Then I was talking to a friend and realized that it was Wednesday, not Tuesday, which means I am even further behind than I thought I was. :help: I may just go back to bed for the entire day...

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have absolutely had days like that!! Just do what you can do, and don't stress about the rest. Can't get back time :)

Sending good working vibes your way today :stirpot:

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Don't you find it interesting, that as far as our homes are concerned, we are our own bosses but we still have trouble with giving ourselves permission for an unscheduled day off?

I sometimes catch myself telling myself, if I can get twice as much done today, it will be okay to take the next day off. I don't know what I think will happen if I simply say to heck with it -- I'm going to sit and do nothing but enjoy the day.

There is a drawback to homesteading -- try as you might there is always something that needs to be done...or done again...or redone....see what I mean?

Hugs,
Marlene

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I have days like that. My motto is make hay while the sun shines. :hobbyhors When everything is going well we bust a hump so when things are not going so well I can reach for the covers and stay there until I have to go out. :p

Right now Oklahoma is really horrid. I don't take heat for anything and the humidity now makes breathing hard, so doing much of anything outdoors for long extended periods is out. When my clothes are soaking wet before I get to the barn there is a problem. Luckily DH takes the heat and I take the cold so it balances out.

I am doing more in the house and less outdoors. Hard outdoor stuff, like fencing, will come back into play around late Sept/Oct. Chiggers are so bad now too that if I want to get sleep I need to keep the bites to 4-5 and not 20-30. :flame:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts