I sold my House!!!!!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by shadowwalker, Sep 14, 2004.

1. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Well-Known Member

After almost 4 weeks we sold our house. It seemed like 3 years. People are really stupid enough to show up looking to get the house for 3 or 4 thousand down and 400 to 500 a month. Or they want to trade a pickup or some such crap, then make payments for 30 years. The sign and ad said "For Sale".
    And after hunting season we're moving down south.
    Also I'd rather crawl in a sleeping bag with mean, nasty, p.o.'d hungry venemous snakes. Than walk across the room and shake hands with a realtor, but after I cool down I'll post that rant on another time. shadowwalker

2. PonderosaQ

PonderosaQ Well-Known Member Supporter

Congratulations! Where you moving to? Have you already found your new place to tell us about? Hope I'll be as lucky. My house has been on the market 12 days....seems like forever!

PQ

3. MorrisonCorner

MorrisonCorner Mansfield, VT for 200 yrs

Ok people.. this is not inspirational! We're thinking of going on the market. Is there something the real estate agent isn't telling us?

4. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

Morristown -- a lot of people would answer your question "What is the Realtor not telling me? with ... the truth :haha:

Actually, if I had to come up with the biggest misconception people have concerning real estate agents (The term Realtor btw is a trademark) -- is that if they are the "Listing Agent" -- they are working for the sellers. Even if they are showing the buyers the house they have listed -- the Sellers are their boss. It's good to never forget that.

And if you ever have a listing agent refer to prospective buyers in the terms of "my clients" ... don't miss the opportunity to have "their clients" pay the commission.

Marlene

5. Hoop

Hoop Well-Known Member

Any realtor worth a pinch of salt.....prequalifies buyers....to make certain they have the financial resources available or have secured financing......before they waste their time and that of the seller..... on a showing of the house.

By making sure potential buyers have the financial wherewithal to purchase a house......they are eliminating the "tire kickers".

Personally, I think a good realtor is worth every penny of their commision.

6. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

You are correct Hoop -- and a really good real estate agent does it in a manner where there are no red flags screaming discrimination. You have to be very careful about such things in our sue happy nation. The best thing a real estate agent can do is suggest that the buyer might want to go to the lender of their choice just to "see" what price range they should be viewing. Pointing out how disappointing it can be to be looking in a price range above their borrowing range can be :)

Marlene