Homesteading Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
22,209 Posts
Thank you all for the healing vibes. :love:

The lack of sinus or lung involvement makes me doubt that it’s Corona.

One of my neighbors is going to bring chicken soup. Yeah!

I am mainly sleeping and listening to podcasts. I tried to watch videos, but I couldn’t stay awake.
That's what we thought too. By 'we' I mean those of us on here who held a meeting to decide whether to quarantine you or not. :sneaky:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Oh, eat lots of honey too. I recently read that a study determined honey was a better cough suppressant than medicine cough suppressants.
Honey is the second best cough suppressant, opiates are better, but my doctor now longer will prescribe even small amounts. I've never found OTC cough syrups to work.

I'm getting over Omicron (test said virus was detected), My husband simmered slices of fresh ginger, added lemon juice and honey. Drinking cups of that got me through the worst of the coughing. He also mixed smashed garlic, salt, olive oil and lemon. I ate it on toast several days in a row. Also found a cough syrup with Osha root on Amazon that worked well.

I ran a fever but didn't take anything, just let the fever burn itself out. Took 3 days.
I've been down for a few days. Not too bad on my end. A cough, a bit of congestion and tired. Though sometimes it is sometimes hard to differentiate tired with a bout of laziness.

The cough stays away unless I get up and start moving around too much.

I'm staying in th bedroom eating corn dogs and Diet Coke. Starting to feel better, though I never got really sick. May be a mild cold, but nobody wants me around and this was as good a week as any to stay home.

Next week we will be slammed, so I'm enjoying it as best I can.
Don't care for diet coke but those corn dogs sound good. I was seriously unprepared to be sick - no good, easy snack food in the house.

·
Registered
695 Posts
It's that time of the year when viruses are rampant. Hopefully everything stays mild and you are back to baseline soon.

Many of our generation are still scared of fevers because for our ancestors, 3-5 generations ago (before vaccinations for mening and pneumococcus), a fever possibly meant death. This is still in our national psyche as every household had a thermometer, and many parents still run their fully vaccinated kiddos into the ED because "THEY HAVE A FEVER!!!!!!!"

We need to add a home pulseoximtry machine to this in the new Era of covid. Fever...take Tylenol and ibuprofen. Pulse ox less than 90? Go to the ED.

Everyone, and I mean every household, should have a working home pulse-ox machine along their thermometer.

Oh, eat lots of honey too. I recently read that a study determined honey was a better cough suppressant than medicine cough suppressants.
That study was, for some reason, done with buckwheat honey instead of clover honey that is traditionally bought in the grocery stores. Rumor is buckwheat honey tastes terrible, but I still recommend honey for cough over most OTC meds.

·
Registered
13,370 Posts
Pi variant is scheduled for release on 3/14. Hang in there.
My buddy had a pirated reel to reel of the original Star Wars 30 days before it was nationally released.
Now we have evolved into Pi Pirating to jump the curve.

·
Premium Member
3,837 Posts
Get well soon Alice. Boatswain2PA, do you have any recommendations for a home pulse-ox, or things to look for when getting one?

·
Saltine American
7,370 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,045 Posts
That study was, for some reason, done with buckwheat honey instead of clover honey that is traditionally bought in the grocery stores. Rumor is buckwheat honey tastes terrible, but I still recommend honey for cough over most OTC meds.
The rumor is very wrong about buckwheat honey tasting terrible. While it does have a strong, rather unique, flavor it is very good on hot buttered biscuits or mixed in with your whiskey of choice. I've heard the more honey whiskey you drink, the better it tastes.

·
STILL not Alice
22,646 Posts
Replace the vodka with lots of Mad Dog 20/20 and you would rather have the covid.
MD 20/20 has too much sugar in it. Sugar is bad for you when you're sick.

OTOH, if you need an emetic... ;)

·
Saltine American
7,370 Posts
I dream alot of looking for a bathroom
I do that too often. If I knew where the dream would take place, I would take the floorplan of the building to bed with me.

·
STILL not Alice
22,646 Posts
Insect Vertebrate Arthropod Ladybug Organism

41 - 60 of 64 Posts