Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Covid can go from first symptoms to life threatening really fast. Let someone close know you are sick and make provisions for someone to drive you to the hospital. You may not be able to drive yourself.

The good news is you don't report lung congestion which is the worst symptom of covid so maybe it's not covid. Test if you want to be certain.

I probably had covid in July after getting two shots, first one in Feb. Had lung congestion so bad I coughed with every breath, fatigue, and muscle aches. Congestion lasted 3 days. Fatigue lasted 3 weeks.

Hope you get better.

·
Premium Member
30,047 Posts
Spray cheese? UG! That stuff is horrible, unless you have no sense of taste.

If you can get it, Chinese hot and sour soup is awesome if you aren't feeling well. Chicken broth with hot peppers or hot tea (just about any kind) are the next best IMO. Elderberry jelly on buttered toast is good too. I like elderberry jelly in cottage cheese but I'm weird.

Prayers and well wishes for a rapid recovery sent your way.

·
Registered
9,132 Posts
Someone asked if I have had Covid. Answering felt like tempting the gods, and sure enough, i am sick.

Headache
General aches
Diarrhea
Feel heavy

I won’t get tested. Really doesn’t matter what particular bug got me.
Lots of fluids and rest....did i mention lots of fluids. Stay hydrated. Hope you feel better soon!!

·
Registered
9,132 Posts
Best indicator of needing care is blood oxygen level. You can get a fingertip pulse oximeter for about $20. It's the best tool for letting you know the difference between "I feel like crap" and "I need help."

Get well soon.
You are absolutely correct!

Reactions: boatswain2PA

·
Registered
955 Posts
In my state, free instant test kits were given out by the hundreds of thousands. Maybe your state/city has something similar. Get well soon!
My wife is out getting the free tests now , but the tests here are not approved
so they can’t pass then out .☹ Such BS

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
So sorry to hear you are ill. take all the time you need to heal - you appear to have a lot on your plate. remember, work will always wait for you..... :LOL:

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
16,223 Posts
Covid can go from first symptoms to life threatening really fast. Let someone close know you are sick and make provisions for someone to drive you to the hospital. You may not be able to drive yourself.

The good news is you don't report lung congestion which is the worst symptom of covid so maybe it's not covid. Test if you want to be certain.

I probably had covid in July after getting two shots, first one in Feb. Had lung congestion so bad I coughed with every breath, fatigue, and muscle aches. Congestion lasted 3 days. Fatigue lasted 3 weeks.

Hope you get better.
Omicron is usually not a lung disease.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
43,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thank you all for the healing vibes. :love:

The lack of sinus or lung involvement makes me doubt that it’s Corona.

One of my neighbors is going to bring chicken soup. Yeah!

I am mainly sleeping and listening to podcasts. I tried to watch videos, but I couldn’t stay awake.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Alice, you are already on your way to healing!
You & your body know exactly what to do recover.
Sleep comfortably.
💖

Oh, eat lots of honey too. I recently read that a study determined honey was a better cough suppressant than medicine cough suppressants.
This honey onion syrup is TASTY!

·
I calls em like I sees em
14,086 Posts
Sorry you are sick. Sounds more like cold or flu. Everyone I know who had covid including me had fever, aches, fatigue versus digestive upset. But the cure is that same. Rest, fluids, get better soon!

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
16,223 Posts
Thank you all for the healing vibes. :love:

The lack of sinus or lung involvement makes me doubt that it’s Corona.

One of my neighbors is going to bring chicken soup. Yeah!

I am mainly sleeping and listening to podcasts. I tried to watch videos, but I couldn’t stay awake.
Omicron is in the bronchial, not the lungs.

The symptoms of Omicron are different from delta.
Font Rectangle Technology Screenshot Number

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I've been down for a few days. Not too bad on my end. A cough, a bit of congestion and tired. Though sometimes it is sometimes hard to differentiate tired with a bout of laziness.

The cough stays away unless I get up and start moving around too much.

I'm staying in th bedroom eating corn dogs and Diet Coke. Starting to feel better, though I never got really sick. May be a mild cold, but nobody wants me around and this was as good a week as any to stay home.

Next week we will be slammed, so I'm enjoying it as best I can.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
43,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Bronchial tubes are part of the lung structure. I don’t seem to have chest/breathing involvement. No sneezing. No cough. No sweats. No fever.

Maybe just a normal flu. Or the NEXT variant. Pi.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Bronchial tubes are part of the lung structure. I don’t seem to have chest/breathing involvement. No sneezing. No cough. No sweats. No fever.

Maybe just a normal flu. Or the NEXT variant. Pi.
Pi variant is scheduled for release on 3/14. Hang in there.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts