Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can hardly believe it. Just had the vet out for the post-90 day check on in foal mares my 20-something Weltstern daughter ... the last daughter I have of his ... who has been open for two years ...

IS IN FOAL! :clap:

Forget what I said about not keeping a colt ... or a gray ... I don't care what sex or what color ... it is is staying here on the farm!

This is a photo of Melody from earlier this year. She has her own private paddock and shelter this year, so doesn't have to move up and down hill, plus I've had her on MSM and glucosamine ... all of which may have helped.

Fingers crossed for a full term, healthy foal in May.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm as excited as a kid before Christmas, truly. I dearly loved Weltstern, he not only established me as a breeder, he was the most charismatic stallion I ever met ... an over-achiever, so we were never compatible as horse and rider ... I simply was not educated to his level of competition and he was not a "teacher" but he was people-oriented, very aware of his size and power, so careful and affectionate.

Melody is the same, quiet and careful of an older, vision-impaired caretaker. She always knows exactly where I am and is careful not to bump or push ... if I have to be out after dark and walk into her (I have no night vision at all) she stands absolutely still and I think would serve as a seeing eye horse if necessary.

An absolutely wonderful line of horses, the kind of bloodlines that you are always proud to say you've bred and one that's proven to carry on into the following generations.

·
Premium Member
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who is the proud father-to-be? I have lost track.

Peg

The sire is the Welsh stallion I stood this year for his owner. Silver is 12 hands, cremello, plus one silver gene and one gray gene, so we may get just about anything as far as color. Wonderful disposition, so this one out of Melody should be a pocket pony ... something that could live in my back yard (or on the back porch!) :happy2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
thats awesome! I know that you are super excited!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts