I seriously need a break.

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Ravenlost, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

So I'm taking one...from this website. Not sure if I'll be back. I've been cursed at and called so many names here the last day or so that it's made me realize why I don't like people and why I live out here so isolated. I'm questioning why I spend so much time interacting online with people who seem to get great enjoyment out of name calling and put downs.

So I'm taking a break. It's Springtime. I've got better things to be doing with my time than being abused.

Later folks...

2. mama2littleman

mama2littleman El Paso

Wow, I don't know what happened ... we were just chatting about arugala and flea beetles.

But you know best whether or not you need a break ... I'm saddened to hear that you are having a rough time and I hope to see you back here soon.

Nikki

3. GrannyG

GrannyG Well-Known Member

Well, for one, I would miss you !!! And how could i keep up with all your sweet critters ? Don't let anyone hurt you like that. There is an old saying that the sweet smell of the violet still clings to the heel of the one that crushed it.Please don't stop writing your notes. I always smile when I see your name, knowing how you love animals, and your goodness shows through your messages. I know others will also say the same thing. There are so many good writings on this site. Don't let the meanies get you down.

4. hollym

hollym Well-Known Member

Me too, Ravenlost, I enjoy your posts. So...go enjoy your garden, get a hoe and pretend the weeds are the nastyposters, lol, you will feel better and have tidy beds!

Love that violet saying, that is cool! I'm gonna remember that one.

hollym

5. Barb

Barb Well-Known Member

Know what you mean Ravenlost. :rolleyes: Some people on this board just can't disagree, they have to be nasty. I took a break myself a while back, not that anyone missed me. :haha: Come back soon - you'll be missed.

6. jlxian

jlxian Also known as Jean Supporter

I'm not a real frequent visitor to the site, but I wanted to say that I think folks will write more hateful stuff on a forum than they would ever say to someone's face. Its hard not to take it personally, but really -- try to remember they don't know who YOU are.

But that said, I know the need for an internet break. I took an extended one after November.......

Take care.

7. mamalisa

mamalisa Well-Known Member

If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Now I imagine that you might know how the poster in the original thread, who asked for advice and was vilified, felt, no? You-all made her feel very badly, and I doubt that she would ask for advice here again.......

8. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

I missed it...what happened?

9. Cindy in KY

Cindy in KY Well-Known Member

Why would you do this? Tell everyone how MEAN everyone else is? And then annouce your departure? What's up with that?

You said some really hurtful things to Tiff & me & others, and then you went back and erased/deleted them all like you never said them. Now you want the sympathy to be on you........whatever.

10. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

Hmm...I must have missed it too. At least I think I did. I have not been nasty to the best of my recollections and have not caught anyone else being esp nasty lately either. But then I dont have time to read every single post looking for nasty folks....life is just too darn short!

11. motivated

motivated Well-Known Member

I am on another "professional" site and you would not believe the mud-slinging that goes on. I think this forum of communication has its ups and downs and many have written in here recently saying they are spending too much time with this type of activity ignoring family, pets and housekeeping. Pay attention to your tension a breath of fresh air is awaiting you. :)
    Jodi

12. cathyharrell

cathyharrell Well-Known Member

I agree and we have to know how sweet Tom is doing. :)

13. GoldenMom

GoldenMom Well-Known Member

Hope you have a nice respite from the name-calling! I'll definitely miss your posts and updates on everybody. Once everything calms down again I hope you wander back over this way sometimes.

14. tamilee

tamilee Well-Known Member

Hi Ravenlost;
    I don't know what happened. I enjoy your posts, you have so much to offer. I'm sorry that this happened to you. I hope you'll return soon, you will be missed.
    tamilee

15. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

Sticks and Stones can hurt but words can hurt too but Ravenlost they don't know you and you don't know them so lets all play together nicely.
    There is really no sense of people name calling and mud slinging but people do what they gotta do I guess.
    I don't know what happened and I feel bad that feelings got hurt but its not worth leaving. :soap: ;)

16. tnborn

tnborn Well-Known Member

Ravenlost,
    I don't know what happend. I will miss you. Hope you come back.
    tnborn

17. mzzlisa

mzzlisa Well-Known Member

Raven,
    You GOTTA come back! You and MorrisonCorner shoot from the hip and say exactly what you think, even if its not popular opinion. No sugar coating. Honest advice. Sometimes people want to hear only what they want to hear and I think that was the case. Lots of good advice and when it wasn't the "correct" advice, the conversation turned into a war.

There are people who come on this board and say "I have bleeding-out-my-eyes disease and I need some help coping", and we are THERE, offering prayer, wisdom, and everything in between.
    Then there are those who say " I'm bleeding out my eyes, what do you think I should do?". And it makes me :bash: Because the answers are going to be anything from pouring Ivermectin on the problem to saying God intended you do bleed out your eyes, you need to repent. And then the wars start. Usually because one person's beliefs are not the same as anothers. Respect flys right out the window.

C'mon folks, we need to hold hands and stick together, because its pretty ugly out there.

Okay, I'm done. :soap:

18. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

:haha: It's true.

19. silentcrow

silentcrow Furry Without A Clue

Ravenlost, I'm sorry to hear of your leaving, whether temporary or permanent. Everyone has different opinions, some just can't express things without being nasty, or name calling because your views are different from theirs. For others, it's a game to see how many they can drive away, almost a hostile take-over. Don't let them win.
    I've seen many posts where answers given are rude, degrading, etc. I ignore it. It's not worth it to acknowledge their existance, it only gives them power. If you can't ignore it, do what really ****es them off...be really nice! :haha: They can't stand that. I've seen it work, as well as ignoring, countless times in live chats on mIRC. There is no logical reason it shouldn't work here as well.
    Hope you decide to return.

20. LWB

LWB Well-Known Member

Springtime is nice in Mississippi. Enjoy your time away from here. I hate to see anyone leave, especially someone from my home state, but you know what you have to do. I learned to wear a thick skin on this board a long time ago. I can take it and I can dish it out. I am not the most sensitive person in the world. I don't know what happened, but I will miss you. Its a funny thing, the people that I wish would leave, never do, and the ones I wish would stay, always leave. Lord, save me from the good people!