I really need help. Please!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Star In N.C., Nov 26, 2004.

1. Star In N.C.

Star In N.C. Well-Known Member

Hello to everyone,
    I am in real need of advise. I took my husband to a doctor for being impacted and he still is, I have gave him the meds the doctor ordered for him but still he is in pain. I have tryed everything that the doctors have told me to do but still nothing and they will not open again until monday. Can anyone give me any advise as to how I should handle this problem as I have gave him so much stuff that I am afraid I might make him sick with the cure.

Please,he is now hurting in his chest and he had triple bypass surgery 7 years ago and I am really scared. He will not go to the hospital and they will not treat him if he refuses service. He is a strong man and strong willed as well. If you can think of something that might relieve his pain type it in.

Star

2. insanity

insanity Well-Known Member

A home enema maybe.They can be bought at the pharmacy.Cant believe i said that. :eek:

Also didn't they used to take caster oil for a laxative?

3. Nan(TX)

Nan(TX) Well-Known Member

Take him to the emergency room. As fast as you can. Chest pains are nothing to take lightly.

4. stormwalker

stormwalker Well-Known Member

How long has this been going on? Can he keep food or liquids down? How fast is his pulse?
    If he can't eat or drink, he is in dire trouble and should go immediately to the hospital. If his pulse is racing-again, he needs emergency care.
    No castor oil,please! It will just complicate his problems!
    How do you think his color is? He has more health issues than myself.
    I came as close to death as you can with a blockage.
    Be a bully if you must- You can apologize it wasn't absolutely necessary!

5. Star In N.C.

insanity
    I have tried those and all that happens is the water comes back with no product. :eek:
    caster oil he will not take as it taste bad.

Nan(TX)
    He will not go. I have asked,begged,and pleaded with him but he still will not go.

6. Star In N.C.

stormwalker:
    It has been going on now for about 2 weeks. He first goes regular then after 2 days of eating he is stopped back up.

He tells me it is hard for him to drink. His sugar today was 358. he has been taking 4 doses of diabetic meds lately as his sugar is staying this high.

DH tells me when he eats that it feels as if it is setting on his chest.

If I try to bully him it only makes him more upset and then he will not do anything for himself at all.

Right now he is trying to drink water and take his meds.

7. Ozarkquilter46

Ozarkquilter46 Well-Known Member

You making the mistake by asking him to go. Tell him he has two choises 1 you can take him or 2 you can call 911 and have the ambulance come and get him. Put your coat on get your keys and go to the door. If he dosn't come with you then call 911!

8. Star In N.C.

Ozarkgal42,
    If you only knew my DH you would knew that if him and a billy goat got into a head butting contest he (DH) would win.

I love him but he just want go and if you call 911 he would not go.

He said he would refuse care and he would not tell me when he is hurting.

9. Nan(TX)

Nan(TX) Well-Known Member

If he is nauseous and /or throwing up he may have an intestinal blockage. Also with the pain he is in his blood pressure will soar. He may be in danger of having a stroke . You really needs to get professional help. It may help with the pain to have him lay on his side with a pillow between his knees.

You know what to do. Tell him if he wants to get mad at anyone he can be ticked off at us here at HT. So get him in the car and take him to the ER.

10. Turalura

Turalura Well-Known Member

Ozarkgal gave good advice.
    You say that he won't be bullied but he may be persuaded by paramedics to go to the ER. They are trained to be assertively sympathetic and can be very helpful.
    Also the Doctor needs to know that the treatment he prescribed is ineffective and about the elevated blood sugar levels, the chest pressure he feels after eating and that the laxative is hard to drink.
    Is there anyone else in the family or friend that could help convince him to go to ER?

11. Ozarkquilter46

Ozarkquilter46 Well-Known Member

Boy your husband is lucky I don't live closer!! I have a good pair of kick ***** boots and I know how to use them. Tell him he is being about as selfish as a man can get!! Why should he care that he could die and leave you alone to fin for yourself!! Tell him when he is ready to think about somone other than himself to give you a shout then go in the back of the house and read a book. Or just sit on the edge of your chair and stair right at him. Tell him the min he passes out your going to call 911 and you will tell them to do what ever they want to him.

12. stormwalker

Please tell him I am as stubborn as him. I had less symtoms and I was literally at death's door! This man needs medical support ASAP!
    Post your phone # if you would like to have me call and talk you through this. I would be more than happy to do this for you. Tell him there is every possibilty he could die. The doctors told my whole family that I would not make it.
    Courage!

13. Becky H.

Becky H. Well-Known Member

I'm sorry your husband is ill. I hope he has a speedy and full recovery whatever ails him. If he won't go to the doctor then I suggest you call a priest. Do not think worst case scenario, still have your faith. Maybe a preacher can do good with the man. Good luck.

14. Star In N.C.

I went to check on him he said that it feels like something broke loss and that he is not hurting in his chest right now it was after a big meal when that happens.

I just want all of you to know how much I really thank you for your support. I have No family and he has No family in this world all we have is each other our daughter and our friends/family from Homesteading Today.

15. stormwalker

Please make sure he is getting enough fluids. It can really compound his problem if he is dehydrated.
    Keep an eye on his temperature, pulse and breathing. If he starts breathing very fast, he needs help ASAP.
    Good Luck!
    Make sure you don't wear yourself down.

16. Star In N.C.

stormwalker
    How high is too high?
    He just drunk 16 oz of water to help.
    I also informed him One more pain in his chest and I was going to take him to the hospital no questions asked.
    Since he his weight has gotten to 400+ pounds his breating is a little difficult.
    His Pulse is normal.

17. stormwalker

Hello again Star,
    Doesn't your doctor have an emergency number? His diabetes really complicates the picture. You really need to talk to someone who knows his meds, and health profile. There might be a real danger to his kidneys.
    Monday is too far away.

18. Blu3duk

Blu3duk Well-Known Member

to get the water to stay down and do some good, try mixing a 50/50 combo of applecider vinegar and honey and adding a tablespoon to a small glas of water before he drinks it. the vinegar will literally open up the system to accept the water for hydration.... while not a fixall it will help prevent the dehydration that is occuring.... it also helps aid digestion.

If a bowel blockage is occurring.... it is not good.... my wife was within hours of dying after a bowel blockage occurred from a surgery 3 months before..... but still life threatening.

life is short, and no matter how stubborn a person is, selfishness can make other people lives miserable.

May Almighty God bless you both and help guide your mates life to a completely healled state.

William

19. Star In N.C.

They have a number that you can reach them on Saturday between 8am - noon.
    To me that seems far off as well. I will call them tomorrow.

20. stormwalker