Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a thread here yesterday and it's missing.

Any ideas as to why that would be?

Anyway, I was looking for help finding a sock pattern. Does anyone know of a sock pattern that looks like a shoe? I've found a couple that have 'laces' added on...they look like tennis shoes...but I ones that look more like hiking boots or something, with the laces as more of an 'illusion' knitted in than any external trimming.

Clear as mud?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Reading here got me inspired to take up knitting again.

·
Fiber Arts forum Mod.
11,519 Posts
Ladycat thanks for the link to the explanation. I know last night I was looking for patterns for this thread and there was a hiccup in the system here and I couldn't get back in.

Shepmom that is a cute mukluk pattern

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahhh, that explains things!!!

Thanks so much. Now I'll have to check out the patterns that have been posted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The kind of pattern I want is one where the laces are more of a faux lace...not actually a trim accent, but rather an optical illusion type thing.

My son had a pair of slipper socks (commercially made) that I wore out and since I got inspired to make some socks I thought it would be fun to replace the 'faux boots'. I just wish I'd thought to take a picture of the old ones before I tossed them about three weeks ago.

I'm wanting something sort of like the faux ballet slippers you see sometimes, only that look like lace up boots.

At the very least, in searching for a pattern I've bookmarked a few patterns that I think I could adapt to my means. If I end up doing that I'll definitely share a picture!

I appreciate all the the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts