I Picked the last of my tomatoes today

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by wvmom75, Oct 4, 2004.

1. wvmom75

wvmom75 New Member

:waa: Hi there I am kind of sad this morning, I went to the garden and picked the last of my tomatoes this morning. I know that seasons change but it is still sad to see all the work you have done through out the summer be over for the year, it is kinda like a loss, because my garden means so much to me. They were still alittle green but I went ahead and picked them because it is getting very cold here at night and I was afraid that it frost and they would be hurt. But my husband is going to be happy tonight because I am going to role them in some corn meal and fry them he loves them that way. Man they are sure pretty though.

Annie
    Owner of Homesteading and Family a web group for those interested in Homesteading. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HomesteadingandFamily/

2. bubbba

bubbba Well-Known Member

Well although picking the last tomatoe maybe a bit of a bummer at least you can look foreward to the spring and plan next years garden. BTW the fried tomatoes sound good :)

3. Ole Man Legrand

Ole Man Legrand Well-Known Member

Still got some tomatoes, WE are going to pull up the vine with the tomatoes on it and hang it in the basement. They were $2.49 per lb. in the grocery store today.Looking forward to spring.

4. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member

I have my 4 container planted cherry tomato plants in the greenroom just getting ready to bloom to keep me in maters until spring :)

5. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

Thanks to Melissa, I canned up all of my green tomatoes to fry this winter. Yum! :D