I owe y'all an apology...

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Hears The Water, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Hears The Water

Hears The Water Well-Known Member Supporter

I am so very sorry that I didn't not let y'all know that Johnnie was home. I know that a bunch of you prayed and sent good thoughts our way, and I am very grateful. Johnnie came home on Thursday. We were all so tired that we just came home and vegged on the couch watching Christmas movies. I honestly thought that I had told y'all until today when I was looking at my profile and saw that I must have gotten side tracked. Sorry!

He is doing well. Very little pain and as long as he doesn't jump or try to lift anything he is good. He is just so happy to be home. I am just so happy to have my babies all here again! I don't like it when we are all spread across the countryside! Now all I have to do is finally catch up on my lost sleep and hopefully not come up with some mystery bug after being exposed to those nasty hospital germs! *grin* Actually I was rather impressed with the hospital. The ped. nurses were very good with Johnnie and his odd sense of humor. At one point he asked his nurse if one of the machines was related to R2D2 and she didn't miss a beat and said, "yep, must be his cousin". She understood food allergies and we had great discussions about it. They had a Santa Claus come by and as he walked into the room, he used the hand sanitizer on the wall before shaking Johnnie's hand. I was very impressed by him. They also had a therapy dog come by and "Buddy" got in bed with Johnnie and just loved on him. This was so providential as Johnnie was realy missing his dog, and had just dreamed about her the night before. The food service was wonderful too, they were very careful to make sure that Johnnie had food that was wheat free. As we were leaving his evening tray showed up and it was enchiladas with refried beans. Johnnie looked so sad to be leaving it that his nurse offered to let him take it home. All that they could find to put it in was a "Bio-hazard bag" (clean of course) But the nurses got so tickled because the beans looked like a stool sample in that bag. Johnnie wanted to get a spoon and eat the beans out of the bag on his way out the door to see how many people it freaked out. That was when I knew my son was feeling back to his normal self! In any case, we are all home and grateful for your prayers and grateful for the good hospital!
    God bless you and yours, and a Blessed Christmas to y'all!
    Deb

2. Miss Lynne

Miss Lynne Well-Known Member

debbie, I'm so glad everything went well, and don't worry about not letting us know sooner, we understand.Now just enjoy the Christmas time with your family.
    Lynne :)

3. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Debbie - so glad to hear the family is back together in your nest...
    and that Johnny is being Johnny.

All of you have a great Merry Christmas.

Angie

4. grannygardner

grannygardner Well-Known Member

Glad he's home again and things are going well for you. It sounds like the nurses took good care of him.

5. Windy_jem

Windy_jem Well-Known Member Supporter

I love that boys humor! LOL
    I'm glad you're all together again! :)

6. GrannyG

GrannyG Well-Known Member

So glad he is home and doing fine.