Homesteading Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
newfieannie
9,498 Posts
not all company's will haul it away around here. if you are in a private home you put it out to the curb on refuse day. no cover required. in a condo we took it to the waste disposal in the basement. all cities likely have different rules. it's real easy around here though to get rid of things. all we do is look up "what goes where halifax" . ~Georgia

·
Unapologetically me
20,889 Posts
We just cut them up and put them in the dumpster.
We have our own dumpster and they only pick up once a month, but for what the dumpster rent is, they should haul away anything I can cram in to it.
They did charge me extra to haul an old window air conditioner though

Reactions: jeepgrrl

·
Registered
23 Posts
I intend to replace my old mattress with another one. We recently changed our apartment, so we decided to replace our old goods with some new ones. So I purchased a new mattress. I'm not taking the old kinds of stuff with me. The primary thing is to dispose of my old bed. I just googled for the disposal methods. Your recommendations will be beneficial.

Thank You! :)
Not sure you have it (or something similar) up in the Great White North but here in the States there is a website called Freecycle.org where you can locally list anything that’s reusable for free. There are always folks on there looking for beds and mattresses. Do you have craigslist in Canada? You could try listing it in their “For Free” listings. Maybe your local fire department could use it for fire extinguishing training?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Not sure you have it (or something similar) up in the Great White North but here in the States there is a website called Freecycle.org where you can locally list anything that’s reusable for free. There are always folks on there looking for beds and mattresses. Do you have craigslist in Canada? You could try listing it in their “For Free” listings. Maybe your local fire department could use it for fire extinguishing training?
I just searched for the team and I got a mattress disposal team. I mailed my situation and I'm waiting for their reply

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Contact your trash company and ask them. Ours takes bulky stuff 1 day each month - free.
But yes, when you got the new one you should have had them haul the old one away.
Sure I will. I just mailed my situation and I'm waiting for the soultion.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts