i need help with articles for my website

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by grasshopper, Oct 22, 2004.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

Hi everyone,

I don't post very often but I lurk alot and I love this forum. I have a website (www.deliberatelife.com) and I have over 500 homesteading (and related subjects) articles on it but I really want to make it bigger. If anyone has any articles that they want to share, I would love it. I think information should be free, and that's why I'm making the site. Thanks!

Nicole

2. bubbba

bubbba Well-Known Member

Nice site you have a good idea there. Nice layout as well.

3. jackie c

jackie c Well-Known Member

I agree nice site. :D I don't really have an article, but a suggestion, I would like to see a section where stories of how people start out, build up over time, and with a minimum amount of cash, their homestead. It would be helpful for beginners to see how inventive people come up with unique solutions. Maybe even a diary like site where you've chosen a few in different climate zones, to follow throughout the weeks,months, years.

4. MorrisonCorner

MorrisonCorner Mansfield, VT for 200 yrs

Will you offer a hyper back to the original site if I send you articles for the above (brilliant) suggestion?

5. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

Hey Grasshopper,

Nice site, I will book mark it.

Just a techno question.

Are you using Mambo? If not what CMS are you using? (Content Management software/system) I am looking for a new one for my church I was using PHPNuke, but it got hacked, and then I found out that it get's hacked pretty regularly.

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

Thanks for the compliments! Jackie c, I do really want to do what you suggested and I have been trying to find a way to do it, but I just haven't found anyone to write some things yet. Morrisoncorner I would LOVE to hyperlink back if you were to submit a story about your experience homesteading. Just become a member and I will make you an author. And zealyouthguy I do use mambo and we have never gotten hacked (although our server is very secure as well). Thanks again everyone!

Nicole