I need help about a truck camper please

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by NancyinArkansas, Feb 18, 2005.

1. NancyinArkansas

NancyinArkansas Well-Known Member

I have a 1994 dodge dakota -can I get a cab over camper for that kind of truck-Thank you for any help you can give me-Nancy

2. Beeman

Beeman Well-Known Member

I'm sure that you can. I had a friend with an older Toyota pickup and he had a slide in, the roof popped up on his so it was lower while driving.

3. Bob_W_in_NM

Bob_W_in_NM Well-Known Member

I'm sure somebody makes them. Bear in mind that the Dakota bed is kind of "oddball" - bigger than a compact truck but smaller than full size.

4. NancyinArkansas

My husband says a truck needs camper springs on it for a camper and ours does nt -does any one know about this-Nancy

5. D

D Well-Known Member

My ex used to modify late 70's early 80's Chevy trucks by adding an extra leaf to the springs-- which made them better to haul firewood in... But... he was a full time mechanic. And ... I don't know if this would work on newer & smaller rigs. Good Luck!

6. NancyinArkansas

I am going to bump this up so I might get a little more help as where to go and try to find a slide in camper--a used one in good shape and inexpensive-thank you-Nancy

7. ed/IL

ed/IL Well-Known Member

Get the measurements of the truck and you will know what size will fit. Also if you play around on goggle with a few different search words something might come up.

8. Mastiff

Mastiff Well-Known Member

I have done it to lots of trucks of all sizes. They make "add a leafs" for many vehicles and I have adapted many others to fit .
    Helwig also make some very good overload springs. Air lift bags and air shocks can also work.

A good place to post and look for advice:
    http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings/forum/27.cfm

to buy
    you might want to check out rvtrader.com and ebay...