Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sorta cheated! I made it from heavy cream and used my Kitchen aide mixer.. but it is soooo good! I had put it on a cracker for dh to taste and about the time I got to where he was, the phone rang and I just handed him the cracker. He looked at me so funny, then smelled of it and then he tasted it. To keep from laughing out loud in the callers ear, I walked out of the room-when I return, I asked "well, how was it?" He looked at me as if he didn't know what to say and then he said "it tasted like a cracker w/ butter on it"! YES!! It was so creamy and sweet. I am going to make more and whip it with some of my honey!! Thanks for letting me share. QB

·
Registered
287 Posts
homemade butter is hard to beat . home made bread and butter with a nice slice of tomato has my middle section growing from now until the garden tomatoes are gone. congrats

·
Registered
257 Posts
That's how I do it...the Kitchen Aid mixer. Is it cream from your own cow or from the store? I have always wondered how the stuff from the store would work...I've only done raw cream from our cow.

Ain't it yummy?!

T

·
0 Posts
I thought we had kids so that we didn't have to do all of the jar shaking!!

I needd butter one week and was short on funds. Cream was on sale for $1.59 and butter was $3.99. I bought the cream and had the kids shake the jar while watching TV. :baby04: They thought it was fun!!!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Is that how you make butter? Just basically shaking or mixing cream? (I would love to try it)
I think the idea of adding honey to it sounds wonderful! What a treat that would be to homemade bread!
Would you just add a bit of honey to cream and then mix until it was butter?

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
theres got to be more to it than just shaking cream, or does it? can someone give me a recipe?

thanks
dean

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mullers, You have a beautiful site and I love your animals.. You must be very proud of your son and husband -their woodworking skills are wonderful! I love that harvest table and bench!

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
Thanks QB. I am very proud of all my family - they are a true joy (when they're not busy being teens!!!) :)

I really need to put updated pictures on the site!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts