Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well.... The wife left a few months ago to return to the states and I left BC and bought 12 acres in northern ontario, and started from scratch. Bought a camper trailer and built an addition onto it, 12x24.. Finally got hydro a week ago. what a blessing.. no more coleman lites, or coal oil lamps, or 12 v battery.
But I still carry water and have an outhouse.. At 30 below thats quite an eye-opener in the mornings.
Will start building the house in the spring.. It will be small. 20x30 but thats all I,ll need.. Biggest problem is that I,ll need to cut many trees for the garden area. But they will become my firewood for the winter.

Looking forward to catching up on all the comings and goings here.
Merry christmas all.

Gord

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,441 Posts
Welcome back, Gord. Seems you have a good plan. Stay warm and safe!

NeHi

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
Sorry to hear things didn't work out in BC, Gord. Hopefully Northern Ontario will prove to be a better place for you. Where, exactly, did you end up?

·
Premium Member
9,250 Posts
I LOVED NW Ontario when I was there in 1999 and 2006 with my Boy Scouts- of course that was summer- sounds like you need a fur lined toidy seat till spring returns!

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Frost bite on the tush, on the the "toidy" seat . . . . . .

You don't need coffee with that kind of eye opener.

Hang in there guy, there is life after a dee-vorce............

·
Master Of My Domain
7,220 Posts
do you have styrofoam insulation to make a seat out of for the outhouse? i hear it works great. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts