I love to buy Christmas cards...

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Melissa, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Melissa

Melissa member

but I never send them on time. I always find the nicest, rustic, old-fashioned cards. The kind that make you nostaligic for the Good Old Days. I usually get them very early and place them in a cupboard that I use for storing paper and school supplies. I tell myself every year that this is the year I will get the cards out early. I put it off and put it off, until maybe 4-5 days before Christmas, then I will write out a few! Sometimes they are sent before Christmas, sometimes not. I have good intentions, and beautiful cards. :help:

2. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

Why not make them your New Year's day cards instead? Send them out after Christmas, when you really have some great things to write about that are fresh in your mind. Surprise people who think the holiday is over. (silly people).

BTW-where do you get your vintage cards? I would love to make a decoupage table topper with cards like that for my sil.

3. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

OMGosh I didn't mail the cards!

Ugh! I signed them a month ago. They're in a cubby on my desk. I need to stamp them and get the out today.

4. Michael W. Smith

Michael W. Smith Well-Known Member

My wife ALWAYS gets the cards out in late October / early November and starts down through the list. She signs them, gets the envelopes addressed and stamped, and they sit in a pile until the day after Thanksgiving when they go in the mail.

People always tell us that our card was the first card of the season to arrive.

Get your new calander for the year Melissa, and write down on the dates in late October / early November to start addressing your Christmas cards.

Write down on November 23 to get the cards in the mail. You will surprise everyone in 2007 that your card was the first one they received instead of toward's the last!!!!

5. chicken

chicken Well-Known Member

That's me too. I buy my cards a year ahead of time, say I'll get them ready by Thanksgiving but there they set on the dining room table waiting for me yet today. This is the day I told myself I must get them out. I did work on my letter yesterday but my heart wasn't in it so I think I'll work on it somemore today. Then with my friend dying in the car accident and her DH in such serious condition my heart just isn't in it. And here I sit at the computer. Where is my resolve for the day? Good-bye I am going to make out my cards now.