Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as you know, it is snowing in WA. Everybody said it doesn't happen here on this side of the sound. But it has snowed all day, and several of the roads on the island are closed. Forecast is saying that it isn't going to get warm again before christmas, so the snow we have is staying around. It is going to snow again on Sun. Meantime, I have food and wood laid in, christmas shopping done, even my Christmas dinner in the freezer. ETA: Isn't it great when you have the unexpected happen and it doesn't matter. You're ready any way?

Cindyc.
reason for edit... phone call came in so I had to stop typing. Didn't mean to push enter before I was ready, sorry.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Cindy-e,

Sounds like you're ready for your long winter's nap!! (Ha-Ha) Merry Christmas and congrats on being so prepared in the wake of the storm.

·
Registered
230 Posts
It would be REALLY wonderful if I knew I also didn't have to go into work on Monday!
But it's nice to throw another log in the woodstove and curl up with my hubby while we're watching the snow come down...we live in s. oregon at 1000' so it'll come down alot tonight....

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It would be REALLY wonderful if I knew I also didn't have to go into work on Monday!
But it's nice to throw another log in the woodstove and curl up with my hubby while we're watching the snow come down...we live in s. oregon at 1000' so it'll come down alot tonight....
Ooohhh take pictures! We wanna see!

CIndyc.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
It's great that we are so prepared for storms, electrical outages and the like....wonderful to know that I don't Have to go to the grocery store, I can just stay at home and grab stuff from the pantry.

It was really cold here (-36C) for a few days, Last 2 days it's been around -20...amazing how much warmer that feels! But my hubby has been gone thru all of it, so I'm trying to do everything that needs to be done.

This weekend it is supposed to go down to -30C again...I sure am thankful that hubby will be home Saturday nite. I'm tired of being on the end of the shovel.

But, for 4 weeks, I have not had to go to town once (My friends are picking up my mail for me) That is what homesteading and some preparedness got us. I feel sorry for the folks who have to travel these icy roads to go to the grocery store, because they don't have food put by at all.

Enjoy your snow Cindy! It's a great feeling to be more prepared, isn't it?

Annie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts