Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's new to me but I found out that apparently it's been in use for at least the past 13 years, so I don't know why I've never seen it before now. But in the last week or so I've seen it used dozens of times online by people disturbed with so many conspiranoids running rampant on youtube and online and in the media.

Conspiranoia (conspiracy + paranoia)

Conspiranoia (ken - spir - e - noi' - e): The tendency on the part of an individual or group toward rational or irrational, justifiable or excessive suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others based on the belief that others have joined in a secret agreement to commit an unlawful or wrongful act, or to keep the truth, as the believer sees it, secret.

It's a good word which I think aptly defines what's happened in 2014 with conspiranoids going nuts all over the place. Psychiatrists and mental health counsellors must be pulling their hair out over the way people are reacting this year. :hair

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Well, it's new to me but I found out that apparently it's been in use for at least the past 13 years, so I don't know why I've never seen it before now. But in the last week or so I've seen it used dozens of times online by people disturbed with so many conspiranoids running rampant on youtube and online and in the media.

Conspiranoia (conspiracy + paranoia)

Conspiranoia (ken - spir - e - noi' - e): The tendency on the part of an individual or group toward rational or irrational, justifiable or excessive suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others based on the belief that others have joined in a secret agreement to commit an unlawful or wrongful act, or to keep the truth, as the believer sees it, secret.

It's a good word which I think aptly defines what's happened in 2014 with conspiranoids going nuts all over the place. Psychiatrists and mental health counsellors must be pulling their hair out over the way people are reacting this year. :hair
Yes, this does seem to describe unbalanced environmentalists and their crazy scenarios! They have been this way for decades. Good find!

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
I just knew they'd come up with a word to confuse those of us who are onto their conspiracies. Next they'll try to convince us those birds looking in our windows aren't really robots controlled by the CIA.

Paranoia is a theory dreamed up by TPTB. It doesn't really exist. At least none of my invisible friends believe it does.

·
I calls em like I sees em
13,911 Posts
I think the world has changed faster in our lifetimes than any time previous. Some things do feel like a conspiracy to change the parts of life we didn't want changed!

Reactions: Paumon
1 - 10 of 10 Posts