I know, I'm bragging.

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Ardie/WI, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm so proud of my DGD17! Her name is Kayla and I was looking at her last night and I marveled how far she has come. She is very pretty and so poised and polished!

You see, she was mis-diagnosed as having ADD for many years when she has Pervasive Developmental Disorder. This was when she was 14. The most prevalent sign was that she lacked in social abilities to "connect" with other people! It was very difficult for her, but, as I always told her, she comes from a long line of very strong women.

We never coddled her or made excuses for her disorder and it paid off. She was also DETERMINED to overcome this and she did it! :dance: I listened to her speak about situations at school and with her boyfriend and it made me so proud. Kayla has come so far and she can take full credit for her successes.

Next spring she will be taking driving instructions because, until now, she was afraid to try that. After high school, she wants to become a vet assistant.

Grandma is getting a little misty-eyed. :Bawling:

2. caroline00

caroline00 Well-Known Member

Having been here thru the years and prayed for her, cried with you, shook my fist at the inequities in your situation....

Thank you so much for updating us!

3. Bluegirl

Bluegirl Well-Known Member

Brag all you want. Your good news is very heartwarming to hear. I have a 7 year old daughter who has High Functioning Autism. She has trouble with language and social skills. She is extremely intelligent, but can't communicate to other's just how smart she is. Fortunately, she has a good teacher this year who keeps her challenged. Thank you for sharing Ardie.

4. wr

wr Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Ardie, I love hearing happy endings and it's particularly heartwarming to hear about the good teenagers since we hear so much about the few bad ones in the world.

5. Kazahleenah

Kazahleenah Disgruntled citizen

I love hearing the happy endings!! thanks for sharing this Ardie!! What a fabulous Christmas gift that is for not only you, but her as well!

Kaza

6. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing Artie, I'm not so sure Kayla wouldn't add you to the list of who has helped :) Give her a hug and a well done from me.

marlene