Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mythbusters did a show where they got 50 women in a auditorium. They showed them a doz pics of guys with low rate jobs. Barista, Zoo cleaner, WM worker, ect U get the idea.

THEN

They get 50 more women different from the first bunch, which is gone, and have THEM rate the same guys. ONLY this time, they give them high buck jobs and hi value addresses. Them same guys, now, as lawyers, surgions, investment brokers, bankers, ect, did A WHOLE LOT BETTER. And you think im shallow. lol

The lone gal outa of 2 guys of MB said, at first she felt that the women were so shallow, but then she realized that guys like big busts, and other things, and that being money grubbers is a womans avenue of seeking security.

YEAH RIGHT. lol

So women marry the lawyer. When they break up she gets richer.

A lawn mower guy goes for big bust. When they break up. Hes got nothing. He went for her because of what she looked like, which I think as a closer form of possible love, than she going for a rich guy.

·
mean people suck
2,532 Posts
Oh yeah. Y'all got it all figured out :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,990 Posts
I bet if they asked 50 men to rate women under the same scenario, (and assuming that the women are all reasonably attractive) they'd get the same results.
I watched the episode and they actually did a variance of it for the men. They were checking on the blond, brunette, redhead angle with the same women wearing the different colored hair and seeing how 3 groups of men reacted/rated the women. If I recall correctly, there was no discernible difference in the men's preference.

Then they did it with breasts, having the same female sporting 3 different sizes and how it would effect the tips she received at a coffee house. There was quite a bit of difference when she went to jumbo, but none with the small to medium.

FWIW-I didn't find any of the men appealing, no matter what their career was.

·
Still an :censored:
15,870 Posts
Jumbo! For some reason that's funny. They should have run the men through the F.L.A.T. test first. Some guys aren't enthralled with jumbo breasts unless they're in the meat case at the supermarket.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Mythbusters did a show where they got 50 women in a auditorium. They showed them a doz pics of guys with low rate jobs. Barista, Zoo cleaner, WM worker, ect U get the idea.

THEN

They get 50 more women different from the first bunch, which is gone, and have THEM rate the same guys. ONLY this time, they give them high buck jobs and hi value addresses. Them same guys, now, as lawyers, surgions, investment brokers, bankers, ect, did A WHOLE LOT BETTER. And you think im shallow. lol

The lone gal outa of 2 guys of MB said, at first she felt that the women were so shallow, but then she realized that guys like big busts, and other things, and that being money grubbers is a womans avenue of seeking security.

YEAH RIGHT. lol

So women marry the lawyer. When they break up she gets richer.

A lawn mower guy goes for big bust. When they break up. Hes got nothing. He went for her because of what she looked like, which I think as a closer form of possible love, than she going for a rich guy.
Back when I was temporarily insane and was dating online I had to change my profiles because when women found out I was a cop and a firefighter it was like they could scratch two off the old bucket list at once. I changed my income down to something more median and then changed my employment to government resource manager..... and they were still all crazy lol. Badge bunny is a true life phenomenon.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Don't be cynical, folks. It is NATURE, not simple greed and lust.

Women are programmed to get pregnant and raise children---even though for a generation or two now they are in denial. Having a powerful (the badge and uniform effect) and rich man appeals to the them because it offers food, clothing and shelter for the woman and her children.

Men go for the big breasts, the pleasing features and the wide hips because they offer the best chances for strong, smart and healthy children. (Believe it or not, studies show that the prettiest, healthiest and best natured women are also the smartest of them.)

Now; temper all those things with the fact that we are also programmed to be attracted to people who resemble those we love. In short, if your kind, gentle, loving mother was a skinny, dish-faced, flat-breasted runt you are likely to find such women attractive.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Here you go, folks:
Ox

"Handsome men and women often appear to be blessed with lucky lives. Now research has shown they are cleverer than most people as well.Studies in Britain and America have found they have IQs 14 points above average.

The findings dispel the myth of the dumb blondes or good-looking men not being very bright"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-Beauty-brains-DO-together.html#ixzz3D6Rnpc3m

·
Premium Member
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I say theres STILL something different in loving a PERSON cause they got money, and loving them cause there handsome or beautiful.

A woman could love me cause im handsome, and a woman could love me cause im rich. I say there IS a difference. Course, the big difference is, I aint rich lOL.

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
My deceased DH was a Paramedic..yes there is something about a guy in uniform that attracts women, cause he was certainly not rich..but women chased after him like ants after cake. He would laugh about it and say he knew it wasn't for his looks or his money..must be the uniform -lol..

I did not know what Mr. Sidepasser did until we had dated a couple of times. I still don't understand exactly what he does for the DOD, but it is important and he likes doing it and that is fine with me. He and I don't share finances, what he makes is not important to me and I really don't know what he makes as far as income. He is also one inch shorter than me and he would have to get color to be pale..he's just that white..lol..I tease him a lot about having to wear long sleeves outside.

It wasn't looks, nor money that got me. Mr. Sidepasser is extremely intelligent and that is a huge turn-on for me. I have my own version of Sheldon and I think he's all that and a bag of chips.

·
Administrator
19,424 Posts
I say theres STILL something different in loving a PERSON cause they got money, and loving them cause there handsome or beautiful.

A woman could love me cause im handsome, and a woman could love me cause im rich. I say there IS a difference. Course, the big difference is, I aint rich lOL.
The study shows something about the selection process, not love. You've personally indicated that you gravitate toward a younger, prettier woman with large assets. Are you in love with her already or is that just key to your selection process?

I'd be interested in the age group of the study group as well because I believe as we age, our values change significantly. Like sidepasser, I've always been attracted to a sharp mind and while Mr wr isn't unattractive, it was his intellect and quick wit, I found incredibly attractive.

·
mean people suck
2,532 Posts
Agreed and no offense intended, but I am a crazy magnet.

You are in good company here lol. (Eta: not that we are crazy but most have had that same experience lol)

Mean people suck.

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts

AND handsome or beautiful is in the eye of the beholder. Anyone can look in a mirror and see what they want

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
SO says as a teenager he was into Barbie types, but as he got older and was considering kids and a family he became more interested in thicker women. He also said seeing me with my children was a huge deciding factor. Are there other guys out there who would base their opinion partially on a woman's capability of childbearing and mothering abilities, I wonder?

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
WR: There are several such studies; one of them found that even babies picked out the more attractive types. (the babies smiled at and interacted more with the attractive test subjects.)

Another study showed that it was subliminal--they flashed the pictures past the viewers so fast that there was no time to study them and even then the ratings matched the ratings of those who had plenty of time to evaluate.

And yes, even without being aware of it, men pick out the women they most likely to bear strong, healthy and smart children.

Now, put that in perspective; The bum on the street does not have a lot of choices, so he picks from a much smaller pool than does Donald Trump or David Petraeus. I'd venture a guess that Trump's women are not bag ladies. This has gone on forever. The fellow who recorded Cortez' conquest of Mexico complained that the officers always took the prettiest captive women and left the homely ones for the troops.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts