Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Uber Tuber
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a book on the history of our local mountains. It mentions our ranch, and is signed by the author. :bouncy:

My winning bid was $4.25, and the shipping in the listing was $2.93.

I Just got an email invoice from the seller. The invoice shows $4.25 for the book, and shipping via media mail of $358.00! :eek:

So I was wondering if postage rates went up?

I sent an email to the seller asking the same question. I can't wait to see what she says!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Wow, I knew rates were going up often but that's insane! lol :)

Congrats on winning the auction.

~Ashley

·
Registered
320 Posts
oh my goodness....the price of sending a letter today....no wonder i use email :)

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Probably - I hope - a misplaced decimal. I charge $3.50 for shipping 1 book. But she shouldn't have changed the cost.

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
well, ya know....the government has been handing out billions of dollars lately...they can't raise taxes without a big stink. Maybe this is the new income for the government :) Wait until you see next Christmas' mailing rates! :eek:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Now on the flip side of that...I see lots of auctions that charge some insanely small amount for the product and make up by astronomical shipping and handling charges. Hope that's not the case in your auction.

·
Uber Tuber
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Or she could hire a limousine to deliver it. It is only 80 miles away!

·
Uber Tuber
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow! Hopefully that was a mistake.
The shipping should be $2.93 as listed.

Congrats on winning! (I think LOL)....our new home is also mentioned in a book with a photo.

Rose
If you don't already have a copy of the book, you ought to get one, or more. I already have a copy of this book, but I know eventually the kids will want copies too, so I am picking them up at a bargain on ebay. Well...about the bargain thing. The price is a bargain. Shipping is a killer! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts