I just want to tell all the guys out there that....

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Star In N.C., Apr 23, 2006.

1. Star In N.C.

Star In N.C. Well-Known Member

I just want to tell all the guys out there that.... Thank you for all your hard work to all the unsong heros of today. In the time when I was raised very few thank yous ever was said to my dear dad and when I told him he would always say I wish your mom would say that. I just want you good guys who hold the doors for strange ladies with huge packages and often hold the door for the downright pain in the @$$ who do not know how to say this but Thank you for your time and your help. :hobbyhors Thank you for being the men that a little boy can only hope to be one day. A very heart felt thank you to all the true men out there who is owed a Thank you and never seems to get it.
    My dear hubby I want to thank for all the years he has stood by me when things got really scary and always made sure if it was in his power he made it happen "Thank You".

I read a artical where the complaint was there is too much men bashing.Ok Lets start a thread to let the men on this board know how we feel about them in a positive light.

Who is with me...
    Star

2. bostonlesley

bostonlesley Guest

How refreshing!

I heartedly agree with you.

To all of the men who have offered kindly advice, support, and "how to's"..the gentlemen who are out there..Thank you..you are very much respected and appreciated.

3. Bluecreekrog

Bluecreekrog Well-Known Member

4. Lindafisk

Lindafisk Well-Known Member

Oh-Yes, yes! Thank you to all the true men, the gentlemen who hold doors and are polite and nice and protecting and strong, I live in a town that seems to be full of rude, nasty men and I am so grateful for my wonderful husband who can do anything and still hold doors for strangers and takes the time to help other people and he always opens my car door and he works hard all week to care for us and last night he even took me out to dinner and a hotel for a night so we could spend time together by ourselves because I said I missed him and was tired of always being interupted by the kids when I was trying to talk to him!
    Thank you Star for starting this thread, there is a lot of man bashing out there and not enough kindness and love towards them anymore. I bet there are still alot of good ones left, I think women just need to look closely for them!

5. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

Your welcome. Guess My mom just raised me right

6. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

Aw shucks STAR. It only takes a few with your attitude to get the doors held for a multitude of Ladies.

7. insanity

insanity Well-Known Member

Yep your sure welcome,no problem at all.
    A simple smile nod or anything will do in my book.
    Its even some what rewarding to see the deer in the head light look on some ladies face when you hold the door for them or help them with something heavy.I'm sure the first thing that went threw some of there minds was robbery or worse. :rolleyes: But in todays world who can blame them.I'm sure it made them stop and think later.But then theres the ones that refuse to even acknowledge your existence,well now ill admit to having pondered maybe letting the door go when there about half way threw it. :D But then again theres no telling what life may have dealt them..

8. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member Supporter

I was raised to always say thank you to anyone who did something for me. Every time a stranger, be it man or woman holds the door for me I always say Thank You. I could never understand the attiduede of some women not wanting the door held for her. It's just good manners. I have had the door also let go in my face before. Usually by women.

9. TwoAcresAndAGoat

TwoAcresAndAGoat Well-Known Member

Actually I think it is very sad that anyone would have the "deer in the head light look"...I am always have that warm and fuzzy fealing inside when I see someone hold a door, give up a seat on the bus, or any other small act of kindness.

To everyone who knows that these small things make a huge difference in other peoples lives is say "Keep leading by example, and I thank you all and hope that others will realize someday the joy of recieving such small kindnesses."

10. Dahc

Dahc Don't Tase me, bro!?!

I think part of the problem is todays world is so superficial. People are programmed to look outwardly and because of this, they are ill-equiped to discern the inward things.

Being polite, expressing gratitude and helping others is, for the most part, subconciously considered worthless and even troublesome. Out of every 200 doors I hold, I may get thanked once. Not that it is done for the thanks, but when the thanks never comes, it starts to weigh on a fella.

My wife always seems to come up with the right words, at the right time. When the whole world seems to have lost all good qualities, she's always there and says exactly what i need to hear to help boost my strength and I continue helping folks out. It's not just "men bashing" or women's attitude toward men and their responsibilities according to Yahweh, it's people's attitude toward others period. In the last days, the love of many will grow cold. Those days are here.

It's my own personal opinion that the best atmosphere for a man is to have a godly wife (unless he can stand being alone, some can) while he himself is seeking Yahweh through His Messiah as well. When we center on Yahweh and not ourselves, we become the servants we need to be and two who serve others and each other is much, much better than two who serve only themselves.

I know I can never ever rely on the world to reward anyone in righteousness, especially me. Thanks for the thanks though.

11. reese

reese Well-Known Member

I concur, THANK YOU! reese

12. Tabitha

Tabitha greenheart

hello Star, all I can say is AMEN

13. fricknfarm

fricknfarm Well-Known Member

A special thank you to all of you guys out there that are "step-in-dads" for those kids whose "real" fathers are duds not dads. You're helping more than you know to raise fine young men and women for the next generation that will parent well because of you. You're leave a legacy that will be multigenerational.