Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, it looks great, it says all things poultry, does that mean only chicken related items?
Nah...Anything goes really...just look at the categories. Something for everyone. I sell eggs and poultry and I know there's a good market online. That's why I mentioned the Poultry.

·
Cedar Cove Farm
1,706 Posts
Looks good! I will give some thought to becoming a registered user. How long have you had this up?

I think this may be a nice alternative.

·
Missin Sweet Home Alabama
879 Posts
Looks good, I don't have anything for sale, but hopefully will get to do some buying when you get some more listings.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Looking good for functionality, BUT... (constructive criticism incoming):

-You need a web graphics developer. The site feels very '90s ish.
-Everything seems to work good and is functional but is bland and old looking.
-This may be your first site or something, which it definitely would be good at that, but it really needs some filler and to make everything have a coordinated appearance (aside from all blue).
-The image of eggs just seems to be floating there with no connection to the rest of the layout.
-The "hotbar" on the top (with Home, Sell, Register, etc.) should have all it's cells the same width.
-The "Main Auction Commands" on the left does not appear to be needed on the front page, it adds uneccesary clutter, it could server the same purpose if moved to the search page or an advanced search page
-Don't use clipboard graphics!
-Change the font type to something else, anything other than default Times New Roman

These are comments coming from a web developer, so take them as you will. Did you have someone make you the site, or did you do it yourself btw? Overall, good work, it just needs some layout fixing up overall :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
I just now saw your announcement of your new auction site. I like it! I'm not quite ready to list, but when I am, I'll definately use your site. Thanks for doing it!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I love the site and I think its a great idea. I am geting ready to order more suplies and start making my handcrafted soaps (maybe homemade too) and candles again. Can we list those items?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts