I just had to share

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by needstoknowmore, Apr 12, 2006.

1. needstoknowmore

needstoknowmore Rattlin Rock Ranch

Ellie Moo got poop all over the bandage on one of her splints. So I took it off to wash it. Which gave her a little time to move around without it. She can walk without going down on the joint!!!! She is not ready to go without them but I am so happy. I have been seeing the progress of the leg getting straighter but to see her walk without going down on the joint made my day!!!!!:) :) :)

Christina, any time you need a rough lick from a cow, Ellie Moo says just come for a visit!

And every body else that has given advice, Thank you!! I haven't had any luck in finding her a buddy. The wether I would like to try to put with her is scared of her, at least for now. But she does have a barn full of critters to keep her company, chickens, ducks, goats. And horses outside where she can hear them.

(((((( HUGS ))))))))) to all of you!!!!! I am just so happy right now. Her bandage should be dry so it is time to go put it back on .

2. needstoknowmore

needstoknowmore Rattlin Rock Ranch

I took the camera back out with me. I don't know if any of the stills will show how good it looks. But I did take some short movies of her walking!!!! She can do a full circle and then some without it going down. Everytime I got near her to put the splint back on she started bumping me looking for the bottle. It isn't feeding time yet, so I am going to wait to re-splint until after I feed her. I did call the vet and ask if I dare leave it off, he said to keep it on her a while longer. I am just sooo happy!!!!! She is now 34 days old. The walking time bomb can now walk on her own, at least on one leg!!!!! :) :) :) :)

3. Christina R.

Christina R. Well-Known Member

You made my day!! Wait until the kids here this one tomorrow!!! I thought the idea (I think from Agman) of a goat with a bell was a great one. Maybe that wether will cooperate yet. You just take those hugs of yours and give them back to Ellie Moo from all of us.

I hope I do get the chance to meet Ellie Moo "in person" someday!