I just had to share this.

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by GREEN_ALIEN, Dec 17, 2004.

1. GREEN_ALIEN

GREEN_ALIEN Sunny, Wet, Tornadoey SD!

Andy Rooney said on 60 minutes a few weeks back: (for those of you that don't know Andy Rooney, he is an 82 year old US TV commentator)
    I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers.
    The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America.
    Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens. Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.
    Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.
    I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?
    I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia it is an opinion.
    I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.
    When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.
    I believe that if you are selling me a milk shake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!
    My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.
    I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry self if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.
    I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.
    We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.
    I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.
    I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building. .
    It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"
    I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!
    I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African - Americans"?
    Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.
    And if you don't like my point of view, tough. DON'T PASS IT ON!!

GA

2. ed/IL

ed/IL Well-Known Member

Wrong place to post. Try general chat.

3. GREEN_ALIEN

As is the case with about 75% of the posts. It is kind of too bad that someone always has to be a post cop.

4. bare

bare Head Muderator

::Another post cop chiming in::

Not only in the wrong forum, posted by someone who obviously can't tell the difference but completely and utterly false information.

Passing along spam stuff from your e-mail does no one any favors. How 'bout checking your information before you spam the boards with it?

Proof of the Lie

5. MOJILL

MOJILL Well-Known Member

Thanks Bare....

I was only a few sentences down and I was thinking.........uh.......this does NOT sound like Andy Rooney.

VERIFY VERIFY VERIFY - or perpetuate the lie.
    (hey- I just made that up. I like that! ) :)

6. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

Hey folks give the guy a break it was still a good read LOL

7. GREEN_ALIEN

Thanks Sis.

I posted it for it's read value not it's validity. I don't see where I asked if it were true or not.

GA

8. bare

bare Head Muderator

If you read the link, and Rooney's comments at the bottom, HE doesn't appreciate being accused of a lie, and I would assume that you don't want to start out being know as a liar either GREEN ALIEN.

9. Cedar

Cedar Well-Known Member

That was a good read Green. :)

10. tramp

tramp Active Member

In my opinion, (if anybody cares) i don't think there's any way of knowing what's true or false on the internet.Obviously, there's some exceptions. Anybody can post "stuff" on the net and claim it's true. Some people seriously believe they know what they're talking about when articles get posted. I don't know much about much, but i've learned very quickly that a fair bit of internet "stuff" is hooey. E-mail being the biggest "river of crap."
    Just my two cents worth.

Paul

11. bare

bare Head Muderator

Boy, no kidding about the river of crap from e-mail. I don't think I've ever opened up a forwarded e-mail that was the truth yet.

Anymore, I don't even look at forwards.

12. diane

diane Well-Known Member

I really don't care who thinks it is a good read, attributing it to Andy Rooney is a lie. This kind of stuff belongs in general chat as it has absolutely NOTHING to do with homestead issues......just somebody's high horse.

13. ratherbefishin

ratherbefishin Well-Known Member

uh, pardon my ignorance here- but are you saying ''Americans'' have all thse ''rights'' because justbecause they were born here?I thought all of the ''American'' were imigrants too.The original ''Americans'' were brown and didn't speak English.Our mistake was we let you white guys in here in the first place.....you should have had to learn to speak OUR language, obey OUR rules and fit in with OUR society, customs, etc.Bunch ignorant immigrants anyhow- coming here, thinking you have the God given right to impose YOUR way of life , language etc on US.And if YOU DON'T LIKE IT- GO BACK TO EUROPE WHERE YOU BELONG.
    Before you guys came here, Housing was FREE,we had NO income tax and the women did all the work, and guys went hunting whenever they wanted too.Now that you whiteguys came here and ''civilised'' us- We spend 25 years paying off a mortgage, we pay income tax, the men have to go to work and only get to go hunting on weekends....yah, civilization allright....

14. caballoviejo

caballoviejo Well-Known Member

Uh Huh, but your political opinion piece "Are We Sustainable" belongs in Gen Chat too! Give the newbie GeenAlien a break.

15. diane

diane Well-Known Member

"Uh Huh, but your political opinion piece "Are We Sustainable" belongs in Gen Chat too! Give the newbie GeenAlien a break."

?????????? :confused: Sorry, you must have me confused with someone else. I have not started a thread on this part of the forum in over a year. And I agree, are we sustainable most likely should be in GC as well......but at least it has SOMETHING to do with homesteading.

I think the title of the forum "Homestead Questions" is apparent for even a newbie. The newbie wanted to create a stir........and I don't think someone with 51 posts is all that ignorant about how this place works.

16. Cedar

Cedar Well-Known Member

That's never been proven.

I don't think it was a choice.

And which one of hundreds are we talking about?

Mmmm...there are interesting stories coming out of northeastern Canada about the suppression of non-Indian burial sites. Why? Scared of the tables turning…GO BACK TO ASIA WHERE YOU BELONG?

How ironic you are using a computer to type this :rolleyes:

I tell you, Indians these days lay their foot on a piece of land and think they own the world.

"Land was created to be taken..."

17. marisal

marisal Well-Known Member

That was started by Diane Greene

18. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank Well-Known Member

Maybe if there is a moderator, he/she can move this...???

19. desdawg

desdawg Well-Known Member

Get up on the wrong side of the bed did you GA? Just had a cravin' flung on you to go out and mess with us White, Honky Aliens? Truth be known I agree with much of what was stated rather it's mis-quoted or not. But then "political correctness" has never been my first concern.

20. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

.................The Gen. Chat attitude's have sure emerged here , have they not! The thread does belong in GC but I think we ALL need to exercise alittle MORE Patience and quit being SO Rude to folks . Grn. Alien Wasn't advocating burning the constitution , he just wrongly , attributed a quote to AR , who probably Didn't .....But Could Have....said something "Like" it . People , make mistakes ALL the time so lets just back off and try to be just alittle more forgiving , Please . ...fordy... :eek: :)