Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at $3.00 each should i buy them there are 50+ rabbits and 2 are preggers i have the room for them its just hard to decide what do you guys think
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,067 Posts
i would if the conditions dictate jump the deal for the whole lot of them thats a decent deal. do you know the breeds if any they are??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
james dilley said:
i would if the conditions dictate jump the deal for the whole lot of them thats a decent deal. do you know the breeds if any they are??

cal and nzl both i think we should buy them all but my husband here rev mullins thinks only a few .....lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,387 Posts
lillbear said:
cal and nzl both i think we should buy them all but my husband here rev mullins thinks only a few .....lol
First question: *WHY* is the person selling out?

Second question: *WHY* is the price so cheap?

Observation: You may well be buying someone else's "problems." On the other hand, if all dictates are good, I would go for the whole lot. At $3.00 each, you can certainly afford to cull as needed! Not much of an option when purchasing only a few.

Pat Lamar
President
Professional Rabbit Meat Association
http://www.prma.org/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pat Lamar said:
First question: *WHY* is the person selling out?

Second question: *WHY* is the price so cheap?

Observation: You may well be buying someone else's "problems." On the other hand, if all dictates are good, I would go for the whole lot. At $3.00 each, you can certainly afford to cull as needed! Not much of an option when purchasing only a few.

Pat Lamar
President
Professional Rabbit Meat Association
http://www.prma.org/


the owner of the rabbits hurt his back pretty bad and can no long care for them
i think its a great deal thanks for your advice pat:)


oh and he was sellin them for
$5 each but would cut us a deal if we buy all his stock
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,387 Posts
lillbear said:
the owner of the rabbits hurt his back pretty bad and can no long care for them
i think its a great deal thanks for your advice pat:)
Of course, your own financial concerns would naturally take precedence. Likewise, that $3.00 each surely doesn't include cages, etc., too, eh? In any case, I would still try to purchase as many as possible under the circumstances.

A word of caution if you are unable to purchase the whole lot, however: Do *NOT* buy the rabbits "sight unseen!" You don't need any sneezers, eh? Pick and choose if you can't get the whole lot!

Pat Lamar
President
Professional Rabbit Meat Association
http://www.prma.org/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wish it was cages and every thing he may even work with us on them too his is old and i think the work is getting to be to much on him.but i have been and seen all the rabbits he is going to let me pic all that i want if i dont buy them all which is good:)thanks again for all your help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
lillbear said:
i wish it was cages and every thing he may even work with us on them too his is old and i think the work is getting to be to much on him.but i have been and seen all the rabbits he is going to let me pic all that i want if i dont buy them all which is good:)thanks again for all your help
howdy lilbear...I would buy them all iffin they lookto be in good condition....can put half or better in the freezer...sell of a few at triple the price and keep the rest as breeder to extend into the freezer for years to come....if you have the room i say take them all...I myself have 12 breeder..from cali[meat] to dutch dwarf rex ect..and i cant keep a rabbit from selling....have to fib to people and say i aint got any just to stock my own freezer lol.....good luck,....dale anne
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top