I have two pictures

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by moopups, Jan 21, 2007.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Apparently both were created by the same artist, an unknown person in Viet Nam. The first is a display of pre dawn blueness, showing a fishing boat harbor, the sun has not yet arrived, the family owned boats are at rest.

The boats are not large, mostly would be under 25 feet in length, according to these eyes ability to judge scale. The boats come equipped with sails an well as a mechanical propulsion means.

The second display is the same area, but this time with red background, indicating the end of the daylight. The finish of that particular day. These are hand painted pictures; materials were not abundant in that era and place. One is on canvas, the other is on 1/4 inch interiors covering material. Both are about 12 by 30 inches.

I purchased both at the same (on base) shop, about 5 Piasters (If I remember the currantsy's name correctory), about .30 cents American. They were stuffed into a duffel bag in the center core, face to face, padded by the other outside of caring stuff. Both survived, must have been a mellow day at the freight handling peoples area. Both made it home without damage.

Both still stand vertical to my hard right, between the freezer and the porch vertical wall, there they are protected, this bit of memory protected by the absence of their appearance. A safe place for them currently. Why do I speak of this presently, I don't know, it just seems important right now. I find substance in these hand painted photographs, maybe not your interpretation but defiantly within mine.

2. suzfromWi

suzfromWi Well-Known Member Supporter

Why not display them if they give you comfort?

3. doohap

doohap Another American Patriot

Any chance of photographing them and sharing them here? They sound lovely.

4. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

Yes, Mitch. Please send pix for us. I'd love to see where you find your peace. How lovely that you were able to find such beauty while surrounded by such horror. Good morning to you, and God bless you today.

5. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    I do not own a digital camera, if such was available to me they would have been displayed with the original post.