Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All my bill are finally paid off. Now we have a phone bill which is about 30 dollars a month,a satelite bill which is 45 a month,callwave is 7.95 a month ,and electric which averages about 120.00 a month . It feels real good not to have any extra bills. How many of you are down to just this much regular bills? Nancy

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Congratulations!It does feel good not to have a lot of payments every month.We got the credit cards out of the way about 2 years ago,big relief!!Will not go that way again,now its,use it up,wear it outmake do, or do without.Its amazing how much a person can buy.after giving away a pickup truck load of stuff we had packed back over the years,I made myself a promise not to buy anything I didnt desperately need.

·
Premium Member
7,230 Posts
Good work! We always pay off credit cards but that is still a lot (like eat into the savings not just come out of this month's pay once in a while), have mortgage, tel, all util. And electric was $360 last month :eek: though average is under $200. Hoping the monthly purchases- cash and charge- as well as electric drop enough for DH to retire when the Army will let him (and me not HAVE to go back to work). Hate to say it but look at kids and think "When you guys move out we won't need to air condition the second floor, that'll save a lot of electricity".

·
Super Mom and College Kid
461 Posts
power bill $100. cable/internet $100. bus passes $60. trailer paid off. phone vonage paid in full for year. lot rent paid in full til Feb 15. both husband and I are in collage full time. soon and both kids are in school. so bills like electric should drop down alot.

white

·
USMC can't fix stupid(s)
2,736 Posts
$900 and i'm debt free... other than utilities
i can't wait.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Congratulations!
Now these are the kinds of posts that give me encouragement!
Im still choping away at that credit card bill and looking soon at the day it will be under 1000 (total owed on it not per month).
I made myself a 3 year plan when I realized I let it get up to $5000. I have 8 months left to do it. But even if I dont make it exactly in 8 months I think I have been doing good.

~~~
Sumer

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Congrats to everyone. Still working on those stupid credit cards... grrr. But put a check in the mailbox today for $3K to Discaover card. Wish that was all I owe them but it's not, but if felt great to write that check all the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts