Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DANG! If it's not one thing it's another. I try to take good care of my equipment, but from riding mowers, to push mowers, to string heads flying off trimmers, I have had terrible luck this season! Got screwed by another local shop on my riding mower and vowed to never go there again. That's three local shops (I think that's all of them in my town) that I'll never step foot in again. Push mower died, so in the mean time, bought a nice little mower at a flea market. Died. Fixed the old one, died. Bought a brand new one and had the flea market mower fixed in the mean time by a buddy. Went to use the brand new one for the second time. Won't run. Got out the flea market one. Low, high, low, high RPM.... won't push through grass for squat. AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! :hair::censored::censored::censored::censored:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When I get my shop cleaned out and organized, and get my shed built on the end of the shop so I'll have somewhere to work on all this stuff, I'm going to start fixing everything myself. I'm sick of going to these local dealers whose sole purpose in life seems to be to make a living off shafting everyone they can! I've got backup equipment for everything I've got..... blowers, trimmers, lawnmower, chain saws and I STILL can't keep up with the rate this stuff is dying! Maybe it's this crap gas. I think I'll start buying the non-ethanol gas a local station sells just up the road. Or else the aviation gas my friend buys out at our local airport. I don't want to have to adjust my equipment to run that, though. :(

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
Seems like it runs in batches. I'll go a couple years with very little problem, then belts start shredding, carbs get gummy, etc.. So far this hasn't been one of those years, I hope.

·
Still an :censored:
15,870 Posts
Lots of people are not enjoying the benefits of ethanol. Other than a great corn market which ends up as another transfer of wealth, it's a tax in that it saps you financially.

If there was a cost benefit analysis was done, ethanol contaminated gasoline would be outlawed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts