Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that God answers prayer, and nothing is unimportant, to small, or to hard for God.

We have a house that my wife and I do not need any more and we really need to sell it.

With the housing sales down right now, not to many are selling in our location.

So would you pray about this house being sold soon.

I Hope and Pray that
God Blesses you for your efforts.

bumpus

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
Have you tried burying a St. Joseph statue in the front yard? I know for a fact it works!
Karen in Indiana

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
I prayed. Don't be anxious but know that the Lord has it all under control.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I love the big tree out front. Yes, pray but there are some things that you can do too. Have you ever seen those home shows where they take $2,000 and make the house look completely different. It may be money well spent. Here are some suggestions that I would make:

Rent a storage building and clean out about 1/4 of your stuff. It will make your house look more roomy and neater.
Take down all family photo's, collectibles, trinkets, you know, things that old lady's tend to collect and display (yes, I'm an old lady with collections so I can say that).
Clean like you are in the military and the white glove test is coming.
Paint- it's the cheapest thing you can do and brings the biggest returns. If you have panneling, put a coat of Kilz on it and then come back with a light tan or linen color wall paint. Paint the wood trim with Kilz also and then come back with a semi-gloss white paint. You will not beleive the difference it will make.
If you still have the original cabinets, add some crown molding at the top to dress it up and then paint the cabinets to match the trim. If you have an old counter top, go to Lowes and pick up a new one. They don't cost that much and it's not that hard to put in.
If you have hard wood floors, clean them up and add a new coat of clear finish if you can't have them refinished. If they are too bad, get some inexpensive carpet in a medium color.
Now for the outside, get rid of the two toned color. Again, go earthy with a tan and white trim. Finish it off with some of those plastic shutters in dark green.
The yard looks pretty good. Just make sure its trimed and neat.
You should be able to do all this with $2,000. I know, we've done it and it will make a world of difference.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
644 Posts
bumpus said:
I know that God answers prayer, and nothing is unimportant, to small, or to hard for God.

We have a house that my wife and I do not need any more and we really need to sell it.

With the housing sales down right now, not to many are selling in our location.

So would you pray about this house being sold soon.

I Hope and Pray that
God Blesses you for your efforts.

bumpus

Oh I will definately add your name to my prayers,

We're in the same boat, having a house in California as well as our new home in Ga. It should have sold quickly but instead the market fell out just as soon as we put it up for sale.

Good Luck Bumpus! Its hard having two payments

Ezrandi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.