Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pook's Hollow
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally bit the bullet and sent in my registry for my herd name - and I got my first choice! :dance:

My goats will now be registered under "Half Caper Farm". :) In case you're wondering, I chose the name because a "half caper" is a move in Morris Dancing (I am a Morris Dancer), and I figured goats caper - and I'm breeding Nigerian Dwarfs. Well, it makes sense to me. :p

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Congradulations I like it although I didnt think of a dance move my first thought was of mischievious little goats.

·
construction and Garden b
7,378 Posts
we have a horse stable near us named "caper acres", not sure if it was morse named or not! nice name pooks!

·
Pook's Hollow
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mischievous little goats we have in plenty! I was in a huge panic this morning - my big Saanen was calling and I realised that one of her kids was missing out of the pen! Run around looking everywhere and found her outside. She'd slipped through the door (which doesn't shut flush). I'd already been out there looking, so she must have been hiding in the freezer which is on its side (it's a water trough in the winter). Little monkey! She's not even a week old yet!

·
why hide it?
1,586 Posts
Congrats! Selecting and getting a herd name is very personal and very exciting! Your's is great....funny how these things make us so happy....simple pleasures :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I really like it!! I immediately pictured pygmy/dwarf goats frolicking! It's very appropriate. :)

·
Pook's Hollow
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My other choices were "Ring O Bells" and "Cuckoo's Nest" - but I'm glad I got my first choice. I was out all day today Morris dancing, and ran the name by fellow dancers - they all think it's great too. :)

I have a logo designed with the name, I just have to do some drawings of goat heads to go with it. Yet another art project! :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts