I Have A Goat

Discussion in 'Goats' started by TNHermit, Jul 11, 2006.

1. TNHermit

TNHermit Well-Known Member Supporter

Well kinda. I was here at the computer and looked out the window and seen this black thing hanging around the barn. It took a while but it was a black goat. Thought it was a panther or something. went out and it was this goat that was about 30 inches high with a white spot on its head. It had two nubs for horns. i tried to talk goat to it but he looked at me funny and walked away. I don't know who's it is. should I catch it or feed it. I don't know anybody around here who raises goats. :shrug: :shrug:

2. AllWolf

AllWolf We love all our animals

If I was you I would try to catch it and give it food. The goat could belone to someone or could be from a livestock market because lots of livestock markets keeps goats to sell. Ask around to see if anyone is missing a goat and if no one after so many days claims the guy he would be yours.

Good Luck on whatever you decide. That just my Opioion on this. :)

3. rranch

rranch Well-Known Member

goats rarely venture far from home, so I would say yes if it is tame. Offer some hay or water see what the reaction is. maybe something caused it to bolt from its pasture and the owner could be on the look out soon.

4. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

Yeah, I'd try to offer a bit of corn or oats and see if you can get it penned. It will need shelter from rain, fresh water, and some hay or browse. Maybe ask your neighbors to see if they had lately aquired a goat, put up a notice on the local vets wall, some local papers will run your add free if its not something your trying to sell....if not claimed in a couple weeks, its yours! :)
    I aquired a goat in this manner. She was a skittish thing that I later traded to a friend and she turned into a fine looking goat!

5. nehimama

nehimama An Ozark Engineer Supporter

Well, TNH, what update on the goat? Did you ever find out where it came from? Did you ever find out if it is a buck or a doe? Inquiring minds want to know!

NeHi Mama